If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Shed Scenes.

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by kieranhardy, May 3, 2007.

1. planetpower

planetpower Member

nowt
    Yeah sorry just realised how big they are will sort it #-o

2. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Looks good! Is it based on the Lynton and Barnstaple?

3. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I've recently acquired two new models for the shed layout.

The first of these being given to me as a Birthday present, it is the preserved LSWR T9 No. 120.

[​IMG]

The second is another preserved locomotive, SR King Arthur No. 30777 "Sir Lamiel". I've wanted 30777 since it came out, a very difficult model to get hold of these days, i had the choice between her or the NRM 4472 "Flying Scotsman" in 2007 as a present. As a southern man i should have chosen 30777, but as i had been on the Orient Express behind 4472 in that condition, it seemed more appropriate to go for that.

[​IMG]

Sadly there is a problem with it, the back driving wheels seemed to be slightly above the rails, at low speeds something seemed to be catching the wheels and at high speeds a clicking sound because of this. It also kept derailing on points when the cylinder cocks were attatched, bit stupid really, as they wern't tight curves at all, so i probably can't run the model with these attatched. :roll: 30777 is now with a friend and i hope the wheel problem can be fixed.

[​IMG]

4. david1984

david1984 Resident of Nat Pres

Looks more Ffestiniog based judging by the rolling stock, though i'd prob mix it up a bit too if it were mine.

Whats the scale, 009 or O16.5 ?.

5. 34007

Can you not pull the cylinder Cocks out a bit on 30777? So as not to touch the wheels?

6. George A

George A New Member

college student
    Brillient pics and locos, I have about 70 locos now and run out if space #-o not stopping me buying more locos though as mum and dad do not yet know 8-[ :-$

Though i may have to rip the track up on my layout now as the track is very worn :( but hopfully it will mean i can improve on the things I have learnt :)

7. 34007

You certainly don't have to have a large layout if you have the right locos? And Kieran certainly has the right locos! Nice one!!! ;-)