If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Littlebrook Valley Railway

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by RASDV, May 15, 2010.

1. RASDV

RASDV Member

The Littlebrook Valley Railway is a 00 gauge model railway. Based on a preserved railway found in the English county of Ruralshire. Here you can read all about the latest updates to the railway.

2. RASDV

RASDV Member

The webpage for the Littlebrook Valley Railway (LVR) can be found here
    Where you can also find links to Youtube videos of the railway

3. RASDV

RASDV Member

***New***
    New video of the Littlebrook Valley Railway-
    Summer Yellow Timetable from the 14th August. Two steam locos in action.

Click here

4. RASDV

RASDV Member

***NEW***
    Description of entire locomotive fleet
    HERE

5. RASDV

RASDV Member

***NEW***
    Description of entire locomotive fleet, with new update to locomotive status.
    Find it here

6. RASDV

RASDV Member

****NEW PHOTOS***
    New Photos have been added to totally-transport.co.uk:
    click here
    Read all about the LVR here:
    click here
    Enjoy!!

7. RASDV

RASDV Member

Over the October half term the Littlebrook Valley Railway held a nine day steam spectacular from 23-31st October 2010 to mark the grand finale to the end of the GWR 175th year.
    No less than five Great Western or BR Western Region locomotives were in steam AND a very special mystery guest! The event featured a very intensive timetable with autotrains and goods trains in the mix for photographers.
    Watch the video HERE
    Read more sbout the railway, its locomotives, its history and rolling stock HERE
    Photos HERE

8. RASDV

RASDV Member

Recent Photos and videos from the LVR:

Photos - Recent operations
    Video - Santa Specials on 4th December 2010
    Read more here

9. Recent photos from Littlebrook Valley Railway:
    photos

10. RASDV

RASDV Member

11. RASDV

RASDV Member

Over the February half term the Littlebrook Valley Railway have been running an intensive service for the benifit of locals only who live in the LI postcode area. Fortunately the weather was kind and the sun shone most days (courtesy of a Homebase Value Halogen spotlamp, of course!). Locomotive seen in action are:
    GWR 56xx 0-6-2T No:6623
    GWR small praire 2-6-2T No:5531
    BR (W) 0-6-0PT No:9759
    BR (W) 0-6-0 No:2251 (not featured in video)
    BR 4MT mogul 2-6-0 No:76020

You can now enjoy the scenic delights(?) of the Littlebrook Valley in stunning 720p HD courtesy of totally-transport.co.uk's most recent purchase - a Panasonic HDC SD60 camcorder. The video also has sound effects from real (British, not American as in some *other* videos) locomotives, all from Totally-transport.co.uk videos and sound recordings.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C843IJ1c84k

Photos from the half term are now in their own collection in our Fotopic Photo Library. As usual these have pretty convincing (well I think so!) smoke and steam effects added in the editing suite Imagic 5 by Stoick.
    http://rasdvphotos.fotopic.net/c1946238.html

You may also notice the addition of a couple of new additions to the scenery and general ambience of the layout, I'll let you discover these, take a look at the older photos below:
    http://rasdvphotos.fotopic.net/c1723571.html

Finally, before I sign off, just a quick note about the new page for the Littlebrook Valley Railway's motive department (don't forget your Hi-viz jacket, hard hat and steel toe capped boots, health and safety gone mad eh? All that's just to got on the webpage (joke) to got into the real shed you need a face mask, fire retardant overalls and gloves!

As always any good or bad points or pointers on how to improve are most welcome, feel free to air them here or PM me.

12. RASDV

RASDV Member

Recently the LVR locomotive fleet has been bolstered significantly by the return to traffic of National Collection 2-8-0 No:2818 following a lengthly overhaul. The 28xx was launched officially into traffic last weekend and has already hauled some photographic charters as part of its extensive running in trials. You can read more about the rest of the LVR motive power fleet (hard hat, steel toe capped boots & orange hi-vi essential) by taking a look at: http://totally-transport.co.uk/lvrmotivepower.aspx
    Last weekend brought an exciting Saturday on the Littlebrook Valley Railway of a revised version of the early summer green timetable with Nos:5531 & 2818 providing motive power. Because No:2818 was only running in 56xx 0-6-2T No:6623 was also in steam to cover any 'thunderbird' duties as required. Pannier No:9759 was in operation running a special photo charter with the BR goods rake in the morning before swapping to a classic 'local' set in the afternoon comprising of a solitary maroon MK1 and a closed van. No:9759 also took part in an evening photo shoot in the yard at Littlebrook - an action packed day of steam! Watch the video (in HD, about 8mins): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2geGPSsvW0
    Read about the Littlebrook Valley Railway: http://totally-transport.co.uk/littlebrookvalleyrailway.aspx
    The video has already been described as being 'very nice', and 2818 is, apparently 'brilliant'.

13. RASDV

RASDV Member

After (another) lengthy period of innactivity on the model railway front here's another of the periodic 'operations' videos. On Saturday (6th August 2011) the Littlebrook Valley Railway held an informal,unadvertised and unimaginatively named '0-6-2T day' with the line's two 0-6-2T tanks 'taking charge'. The video sees both GWR 56xx No:6623 & ex LNER 'N2' No:69546 handling the two train passenger services. No:5073 'Blenhiem Castle' was also in action hauling the autocoach 'inspection saloon', which had been hired by a group for the day to take them on one leisurely round trip.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kY1rkU7hhY

Sound effects are once again included, is it just me being picky or do the sound effects seem not quite as good as in the previous video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2geGPSsvW0&feature=related). Please let me know what you think. If you have any other comments they are most welcome - feedback is invaluable! In the meantime, enjoy!

14. RASDV

RASDV Member

Hello again my friends,
    Unsurpringly, there isn't much to report on the modeling front, only a few trees have been moved around - I enjoy 'playing trains' too much! As you might have guessed by now I prefer the operational side of things. However, there is now a 'new' bit of layout, as you will see in the video. Sadly, this will be the last post about the LVR for some time because the layout has now been dismantled for a while, although I anticipate it will not be too long before it re-appears.

Last Saturday (20th August 2011) the Littlebrook Valley Railway held it's inaugral 'Goods Train Day' (is it 'goods'; or 'freight'? I remember being told that one is an americanism, but I cannot recall which!). The NRM's Recently restored* GWR 28xx 2-8-0 No:2818 hauled the goods set on two round trips - a heavy goods loco doing what it does best- whilst GWR 56xx 0-6-2T No:6623 and BR (W) 57xx 0-6-0PT No:9759 ran with the two main passenger sets - the GWR set and a 'pick and mix' set respectively. The 'Pick and Mix' set is normally the MK1 set, but, the Maroon MK1 was replaced by the line's Gresley 'blood and custard' buffet coach as the MK1 required attention in the C&W works. After uploading the video it occured to me that No:6623 had in fact appeared in the previous video of the LVR as well! But I'm sure you don't mind seeing it again, do you?
    HD video of LVR 'Goods Train Day' - 20/08/11 with Nos:2818, 6623 & 9759: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4UoymCeATw
    Hope you enjoy the video. In my own opinion I think it is one of the best videos of the LVR so far, but then I would say that wouldn't I! I think you can be the judge of that - any feedback is most welcome, comment on the video, reply to the thread, send a PM or drop an e-mail to feedback@totally-transport.co.uk. You know the drill! To qualify my earlier statement the video has been described in a comment by Howarth004 as 'a very well put together movie'.
    *NB: To avoid arousing any false hopes, no, the NRM haven't really restored No:2818 - it's only the Hornby model!