If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Hornby/Bachmann 2010. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by Bulleid Pacific, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    Quite happy with my rake of three Maunsells and a "C" brake/luggage van. Had them a while back, and they are currently being hauled by 34036 'Westward Ho' on my layout. By the way, Hornby are announcing their 2010 range on Christmas Day.

2. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    Almost snap, I've been running my 3 BR green Maunsell's with the red BR luggage van with rebuilt Bulleid 34008 Padstow. Can't wait to get complete my other blood & custard Maunsell's and pair them with my lined black T9 30285. It would be great though if Hornby could bring out a lined black H class or even 32424 Beachy Head to match with the BR Maunsells aswell.[-o<

3. LN850

LN850 Member

following on from 30865 Sir john hawkins, how about a NRM version of 850 in its current guise??????

BTW H class may be on the list for the future of Hornby because i know several people have written in about SECR locos.

4. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    A current Nellie would be quite nice.

5. ovbulleid

ovbulleid Member

i sit behind my computer clicking on 'view active
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bachmann-Pres...lway_Models?hash=item3ca7ea9937#ht_804wt_1038

bachmann did a range of lord nelsons a while ago. surely asking the manufacturers now is a waste of time as they've probably already decided and are working on pre-production as we speak, so a more pertinant question would be what do we hope bachmann and hornby release in 2011....

6. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    Bachmann are slowly re-tooling all their old split chassis models anyway, so I wonder whether it is due for a makeover within the next two years?

Regards,

Dan

7. Dan Hill

Dan Hill Part of the furniture

Brick Machine Operator
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I meant 850 as suggested above

8. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

A bit off topic but does anyone know what percentage of Maunell coaches were painted in to blood and custard. I can’t remember seeing any in my video collection or anywhere else.

Thanks

9. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

I know Hornby did Blood and Custard many years back.... Or do you mean now..Preserved??

10. Shoddy127

Shoddy127 Well-Known Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    When we out shopped Nelson around 2/3 years ago I contacted Bachmann about this but I'm still awaiting a reply to this day!!!

11. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    I'm sure Bachmann have already brought out a model of Lord Nelson in Brunswick Green a few year's ago.

12. Bulleid Pacific

A Thingy...
    Yes, about five or six years ago. I've got 'Sir John Hawkins' for Christmas, got it for my grandparents to keep and wrap-up for the big day. From the glimpse I got of it, it looks quite nice, although the coal is rather poorly moulded (and looks non-removable), and the bogie wheel rims are a little over-thick. Despite it having an Early BR crest (I prefer the Late crest on locos that had it during the time-period of my layout), I have sources that state that it carried this almost, if not actually, to withdrawal, so it is suitable for my 1960-1961 layout. I also have an Early crested Q1, No. 33037, so despite it not being of the time 1960-61, it can keep 'Hawkins' company. Yes, I'm fairly pedantic...

13. Pete Thornhill

Pete Thornhill Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Administrator Moderator Friend

They've done 850 twice (which might be why they are reluctant to do it again although saying that they did do 3 seperate runs of Green Arrow) - Once in BR Green as mentioned and before that there was a limited edition in SR Green (A run of 1000 in the year the model was first released).

14. Jeff Albiston

Jeff Albiston Member

Personally, I wouldn't mind a few GWR Manors to be modelled, preferably ones that have been preserved!

15. RA & FC

RA & FC Well-Known Member

Most of them have been done in the past, but the Bachmann model could do with a bit of updating... The old split chassis isn't running quite as well as some of the newer models.

16. RSHNCBNo.38

RSHNCBNo.38 New Member

Some decent industrial locomotives

17. a nice 04-0 would be nice along barclay lines

18. From an alleged 'leak' on a Japanese (of all places) web site, it seems like the big news from Hornby in 2010 is a 4VEP EMU, LNER L1 2-6-4 tank, Hawksworth carriages, updated models of the B17 and 28xx, more Pullmans (although not the blue DEMU variety, of course), more sound fitted diesels and.. er... that's all I can remember.

The info has since been taken down, suggesting it's possibly quite close to the truth. Perhaps.

19. Bulleid Pacific

A Thingy...
    If that's true, then there's nothing for me to purchase in terms of new models apart from playing catch-up, although there'll hopefully be a few new identities for the Bulleids and the T9. Schools class 'Winchester' should be out too after being postponed from this years' catalogue.

20. LN850

LN850 Member

Does anyone know if and how well the bluebell railways stpeney and blue carriage model is selling? it is apparently in stock.

However if anyone on this forum has bought one at that price, i shall probably have to strangle u.