If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Hornby 2009: the speculation and the truth...

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by Bulleid Pacific, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    Knew someone would leak it before the exact time:

http://www.hornbymagazine.com/news/newsupdate.php

Happy Christmas!

Regards,

Dan

2. tobes3803

tobes3803 Member

Aww no gwr 2-8-0! Ahh well clan and caslte will be good! Anyone when know when bachman anounce new models? May get lucky with the 2-8-0 their! 8-[

3. 34014

34014 Member

Retired
    There hasn't been a leak. The info on new models was circulated by Hornby to club members ahead of public consumption.

The Clan is welcome but I don't see anything else to excite me personally.

Why we need a newly re-jigged Castle is beyond me. Why couldn't we have had a new outside framer for GWR fans? How about an 'Aberdare' or similar?

I don't know exactly what it is that stops our RTR model makers from giving us more of what is wanted instead of what is needed?

I think maybe that they listen to the wrong people and there is also a lack of Railway historic knowledge among those who make decisions in the industry.

Whatever it is; I think we are stuck with it until somebody realises that they need people inside with a greater depth of vision than just 'The Bottom Line'. Maybe one day someone will wake up to the idea that the right models will make more money for them than what they come up with from the inner sanctum.

I hope everyone is having a great Crimbo.

4. Dan Hamblin

Dan Hamblin Part of the furniture

Rolling Stock Engineer
    Modellers have been saying that the Castle needs re-tooling and the Clan is a cheap way of satisfying demand for that class for low R&D cost.

I suspect that Hornby could see a recession coming, therefore scaled back the programme compared with previous years. The rumoured GWR coaches may also have not been announced as delivery cannot be guaranteed for 2009, therefore might be seen in 2010.

Regards,

Dan

5. James

James Part of the furniture

Donkeys! =D>

6. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

The diesel bit is a bit poor.

7. ovbulleid

ovbulleid Member

i sit behind my computer clicking on 'view active
    i heard this was due to how much they had invested into the javelins

i do like the look of the train packs this year, the 38 suburban and the brit with 12 wheel pullmans may be investments i make when they arrive...

8. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    At least I can relax and take advantage of whats available in this year's catalogue, and the there is a late crested T9 to look forward to! I'll definitely get a 'Clan', especially considering that there were five intended for the Southern Region if the planned second batch of 15 locomotives was initiated. And I should think GWR fans will rejoice at the improved 'Castle', especially as the old version is more of a toy than a finescale model. All in all, a good year for consolidation, and personally, I'm happy with that!