If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

9F Question

Discussion in 'Model Railways' started by tobes3803, Oct 2, 2008.

1. tobes3803

tobes3803 Member

Does anyone own a bachman 9f who runs its round 2nd radius curves! As my layout has 2nd rad curves at one end and quite fancey this model but dont want to waste my money!

2. chessie

chessie Member

It might pay you to have a look on this forum for model railway related stuff, it's possible that there might be more on there who can answer your question:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/index.php

Put bachmann 9f in the search box and see what comes up. If nothing then perhaps register and ask the same question on there. Of course there could be someone on here with the answers.

3. ovbulleid

ovbulleid Member

i sit behind my computer clicking on 'view active
    i've got one and i've never had a problem on 2nd radius. if you check the instructions it says that the minimum acceptable radius is less that 438mm, which is what hornby define as their 2nd radius (which is what i assume you mean)

4. tobes3803

tobes3803 Member

Excelent that will be the next loco putchase then!

5. Bulleid Pacific

Bulleid Pacific Part of the furniture

A Thingy...
    Yes, same here, I use Hornby second radius track; the only time you really need to be careful is when traversing points. My 92249 is also a very good hauler of carriages. I managed to get it to haul 26 carriages (mixture of Bachmann, Hornby and old Triang carriages) on a mate's layout! I think I could still have put a couple more on, but it was beginning to slow down a bit with the rolling resistance... Excellent detailling around the valve-gear, too. However, It'll never pull more than five carriages on my layout, so it's got plenty of power to spare. Definitely recommended, even if the price is a little steep.