If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Your favourite videos and photos of 2011!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by belle1, Dec 31, 2011.

1. belle1

belle1 Part of the furniture Moderator

Just a bit of a recap for the end of 2011 especially for those who may be new to the forum or have been away for a while.

Post links to your favourite vids and photos of the last year, not a competition, just those that may have caught your eye over the last 12 months.

Your own work, someone elses, something you may have seen posted elsewhere or spotted whilst browsing around.

Don't forget to credit the original uploader if it's not your own.

Thanks and have a Happy New Year!

Neil.

2. 981smithy

981smithy Member

Well Neil here is my choice I know its my own video but we did drive just short of a 1,000 miles (one way) to get.

[video=youtube;e0cDYHW_GCc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0cDYHW_GCc[/video]

Happy New Year to all Members.

3. DJH

DJH Member

Graduate Engineer
  4. David-Haggar

David-Haggar Member

Water Meter Reader
    I think for me personally was the relaunch into traffic of 31806 and the charter we had with the loco in March. Not only did she look stunning in lined black but also the set of wagons being compiled on the Mid-Hants is becoming impressive. Here are the two video clips from the charter and an album of photos - Mid-Hants Railway. U class no.31806 photo charter. 15/3/11. - YouTube Mid-Hants Railway. U class no.31806 photo charter. 15/3/11. - YouTube https://picasaweb.google.com/105454...6PhotoCharter15311?authuser=0&feat=directlink

5. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I am going to start by giving 3 links to different people from overseas who have been posting some fascinating clips.
    The first garrattpower, Garrattpower's Channel - YouTube His collection of videos/film from South Africa shows some spectacular action.

The second, hennef53 hennef53's Channel - YouTube is a varied collection of motive power from Germany, Poland and that area of Europe. Many with an interpretation that is definitely different.

The third, p205t, p205t's Channel - YouTube a fantastic collection from Japan and China, again with his own angle.

I have looked at many from this year and cannot single out one as being better, or more interesting than many others. Those who take these excellent shots know who they are and all I can say to them all is what a great job you do.

I am also not going to pick a favourite of my own from this last year as there are none that really stand out...