If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Yorkshire Wolds Railway

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by DisusedBranch, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Rail Rover

Rail Rover New Member

A great spot - I'll have to have a look at that!

It's not looking like it'll be much of a season for any of us this year, but we must put everyone's health first.

However, we have now laid much of the track in our 'Field 2' which is heading south towards Wetwang.

IMG_6956edit.jpg

IMG_6955.JPG

After this field the trackbed is still in situ for at least a mile, so we should be able to grow more 'panel-by-panel' now.

We also have a brakevan undergoing what I think is a quality restoration by an experienced team:

IMG_E4395.JPG

IMG_6972.JPG

IMG_6973.JPG

This will enable us to give 'proper train rides' from a soon to be built platform, rather than only being able to give cab rides as we have done so far.

Please have a look at our website, but also our 'work-in-progress' thread on our discusssion - this is a link to the latest (88th) page! https://www.yorkshirewoldsrailway.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1404&start=870

Keep safe & well,

Phil.

2. Ploughman

Ploughman Part of the furniture

Ex a lot of things.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  3. Ploughman

Ploughman Part of the furniture

Ex a lot of things.
    Yes I am an active volunteer
  4. alexl102

alexl102 Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    The Yorkshire Wolds Railway has just taken delivery of a MK2 aircon coach, which is apparently intended for passenger service.