If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

WSR General News

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by West Somerset Wizard, Apr 26, 2011.

Fergus plays with the blues at Minehead
    An unusual locomotive will be in action at Minehead in early July.
    More: http://www.wsr.org.uk/news.htm

Going to the footy by steam train
    Minehead are planning to travel to their Easter Monday fixture at Watchet on Easter Monday by steam train.

Combined WSR/WSRA Meeting of the Boards
    The Boards of the WSR Plc and WSRA have made a joint statement.

1. Black Jim

Black Jim Member

What projects are planned over the winter ?

2. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

Pensioner!
    Each of these links returns the same webpage, which is odd to say the least and I can't find a reference to the joint meeting.

3. Steve from GWR

Steve from GWR Well-Known Member

That's because the original post was from April.

Click the news archive for April 2011 and you'll find them. Bottom right of page.

4. S'far as I know the work to extend the loop back under Williton Bridge is still going ahead. I understand Barnstaple Junction has been commissioned now that the new ground frame has been completed. Other works include (I think) adding 200 yards of track to complete the Allerford Spur and the completion of the East Chord. There was talk of improvements to the loco compound at Bishops Lydeard. I guess work could start on changing Govier's Lane Crossing to the new design (when it is finally approved). I'm sure other folks can chip in with more.That said, we do know the WSR Plc is undertaking a thorough review of its business so it is possible planned projects will be halted.

Steve

5. gwr4090

gwr4090 Part of the furniture

Scientist (Rtd)
    Some signalling work at Williton is also a possibility with additional outer homes being planned, and also a roof for the new footbridge maybe. No doubt all we be revealed at Saturday's volunteer liaison meeting.

David

6. Black Jim

Black Jim Member

What is planned for the track pannels that were taken up when the Mineral line bridge was relaid? Will they be used somewhere?

7. I imagine they will end up being used somewhere. Maybe at Williton for the extension into Sherring's Yard?

Steve