If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Woodhorn Narrow Gauge Railway

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by mdewell, Jun 19, 2022.

1. mdewell

mdewell Well-Known Member Friend

UK & Ireland Heritage Railways Webmaster
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Does anyone know the current situation at Woodhorn?
    (http://woodhornnarrowgaugerailway.weebly.com/)
    The most recent news appears to be June 2020 on their facebook page which states
    "We ran into financial difficulty last year during the Winter period. This was due to unanticipated repairs
    required to our locomotives and track, coupled with a low passenger footfall throughout the year
    We decided to close the Railway July last year, as we weren't generating sufficient income to cover
    of the cost of essential maintenance required to keep the railway safe and operational."

2. 30854

30854 Resident of Nat Pres

Retired
    No I do not currently volunteer
  3. Vulcan Works

Vulcan Works Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    I hadn’t heard of this line either. A June 2022 Trip Adviser posting says the line is closed due to some of the volunteers suffering from ill health and vandalism of the railway. It sounds like a nice attraction that unfortunately doesn’t have a deep enough pool of supporters to run it at the moment.

4. BHRcrew

BHRcrew New Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Evening.. a good friend and work colleague enquired this week if this railway was operating. He was walking past it and missed it operating.. he was personally looking for a location to spend time but we both work for a company with a budget to support voluntary activities that benefit the community. Can anyone help with an update