If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Wisbech & Upwell coaches

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by MuzTrem, Nov 23, 2019.

1. MuzTrem

MuzTrem Member

A bit of a long shot, but...

Some years ago, I built a G-scale model of one of the Wisbech & Upwell bogie coaches and I am now toying with the idea of modelling an interior for it. However, I am not sure where to place the partition between the first and third-class sections.

Photos of the preserved No. 7 seem to show the partion seven windows in from one end of the coach (i.e. about a third of the way along), however IIRC she has been modified in preservation to include a bar (!) so I am not sure whether this reflects the original arrangement. However, a quick trawl of Google images and Flickr has not turned up any pre-preservation photographs which clearly show where the partition was. Can anybody help?

Thanks in anticipation...! :)

2. Eightpot

Eightpot Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Engineer Emeritus
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    In 'The Wisbech & Upwell Tramway" by Peter Paye (Oakwood Press) it states - "Order A17 completes in September 1884 included coach No. 7 to diagram 602, a bogie composite tramcar with a 17ft 5in second class saloon seating 22 passengers and a 10ft first class saloon seating 10 passengers." An accompanying drawing shows the division of the two classes as being between the 7th and 8th windows from one end.

3. MuzTrem

MuzTrem Member

Excellent - many thanks! :)

cct man likes this.