If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Whitby to York Rail Link

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by 61624, Sep 29, 2014.

1. MarkinDurham

MarkinDurham Well-Known Member

In fairness, that was apparently only because he couldn't get 10 people to back him when he stood for his own party (best NOT to ask...) - and UKIP needed a candidate for that particular ward...

2. MarkinDurham

The York Press did, I think, with an article about it being published last year. It was spun very much towards how this would all be a 'good thing'. Then the paper started receiving threats from this mob when people started making use of the comments section under the article, pointing out issues such as the 3 level crossings that would have to go back at Pickering, and criticizing much of what else was proposed, so the paper took the easy way out & pulled the comments :( . Pity, really. What would be nice to see would be a follow-up piece to discredit them properly, particularly with the ever more outlandish things that are being aired...

Standard 4MT likes this.
  3. GWR4707

GWR4707 Nat Pres stalwart

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Looking at the Facebook pages it all appears to be linked back to UKIP and wider nationalist posts anyway?

4. Shrink Proof

Shrink Proof Well-Known Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Well, Scarborough Borough Council do their utmost to run the area in much the same fashion as a banana republic...

williamfj2 and Bramblewick like this.
  5. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

The investment proposals in the line sound barmy , google VA GTI , the supposed Lab that is being set up in Whitby and nothing comes up . The money to now rebuild the link is coming from financiers who trade in loan notes and then have to invest their gains in other schemes . Conciliatory noises to the NYMR still sound that they will in effect change the line beyond all recognition

None of it feels like it rings true with echoes of e-mail nigerian bank account and the like

6. Maunsell man

Maunsell man Well-Known Member

Senior Finance Auditor
    Haven't heard from Alf lately...

Standard 4MT and Sheff like this.
  7. flying scotsman123

flying scotsman123 Resident of Nat Pres

I miss him. :( and Mr Reeder!

8. Woodster21

Woodster21 Member

The VA-GTI baffles me - could someone ask the question on Facebook if there is a link to their website or any other details. The long rambling Facebook (identified in post 101) post by Richard Sequira is blue sky thinking, he appears on LinkedIn and "you can google his company.

Peak Rail had a similar experience with the then owner of the Flying Scotsman - first it was going to Rowsley with a massive development on the sidings/ engine shed site, then the old wire works at Ambergate...and people were taken in by the smoked glass and mirrors

9. MarkinDurham

That question has been asked before, Woodster21 - and answer came there none, other than some photos of some European blokes in the company of some blokes who appeared to be from the Far East...

One can draw one's own conclusions from that...

10. Bramblewick

Bramblewick Member

As a life member and shareholder I would quite like the railway to take legal action against this maniac and his chums. At the very least a few restraining orders must now be taken out against them.

11. 61624

61624 Part of the furniture

Call his bluff I say (as one of those named!): he has provided ample rope to hang himself.

Standard 4MT likes this.
  12. Bramblewick

Bramblewick Member

Also I'm sure that the press would lap up a story about a UKIP candidate threatening a charity and stalking its volunteers, so now would be a good time to make a few phone calls.

Standard 4MT and Forestpines like this.
  13. Bramblewick

Bramblewick Member

Quite so. It's time to put a stop to the antics of these fantasists once and for all; preferably before the election.

14. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    So which of the many FB pages is this posted on please - I can't find it?

I thought this was their FB? https://www.facebook.com/groups/353032798232190/

Debuse states .....

2, We the admins will not be entering into any personal attacks, on any member of this or any other group. We expect the same conduct from all members. We will not answer for Neil nor any of his previous actions. If Neil Kipling’s name is brought up on his group in any detrimental manner the and post will be removed and the poster warned .Following a second contravention the poster will be banned. If you have any issues of that nature please take them elsewhere, they are not welcome here.

I assume he means "If Neil Kipling’s name is brought up on THIS group ...

Maybe you could give us a list of all the FB groups and websites involved in this and who runs them, as I'm getting mighty confused. Ta

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2015
  15. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

16. Sheff

17. Sheff

OK think I've got it! Also see Debuse & Co have two FB pages, an old and a new one, both similar title?

Standard 4MT likes this.
  18. Standard 4MT

Standard 4MT Member

Photographer/IT MCSE/NYMR/ex Police/&Train Manager
    It must be confusing for some keeping up with the various FB Groups 5-6 I believe active at last count.
    Posts get removed quicker than you can blink. The post put up by Sheff, that was originally posted when the prospective UKIP candidate for a Whitby ward was "removed" about 8 months ago, the exactly same post has been edited to remove certain references, but when you ask about it damaging the NYMR they say doubling the track whole route, bringing up to new standard to run at 40mph, and have a main line TOC run it, will not damage the NYMR in any way, what a croc of smelly stuff. When split they then continued same theme on new Group plus the original You Gov poll that both of the Groups seem to be pushing, as well as sharing same website where one holds copyright. Confused Yet? The simple fact is, it will damage any Heritage Railway, running 365 days a year with existing staff, who are mainly volunteers but not consulted, using new stock. There has been put forward a perfectly practicle alternative without damaging the NYMR using the existing Esk Valley line, with minimal expenditure, by comparison, you could get to York and London soon (via Virgin from Middlesborough) in a faster time than their admitingly shorter route, by making some trains on Esk valley semi fast not stopping at quite stations. Why do they want to destroy the NYMR? and their continued posting could damage custom and donations, mud sticks however untrue I'm afraid. Being one of the 5 receiving threats and Court action, named on various sites for friends and family to see, with pure rubbish and lies.
    Oh and I must be a fraud, according to them, as I post on Railway Forums not using my real name!

19. Bean-counter

Bean-counter Part of the furniture

No I do not currently volunteer
    Can I just say (AGAIN) - please don't give them the oxygen of publicity outside their small (121 member - and 2 of those may be the same person, ALLEGEDLY) Facebook Group by repeating their statements on this public Forum!

Steven

20. Bramblewick

Bramblewick Member

In the words of the late Linda Smith, I don't think they should be given the oxygen of oxygen.

Sheff, Forestpines and Jamessquared like this.