If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Wensleydale Railway - Aysgarth station

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by ianh, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Hi Paul, looks like you're doing some great work at Aysgarth. What's all this about an M50 bridge at Redmires though - can't find any reference to it on the website, or elsewhere on the interweb thing? Cheers, Iain

2. dace83

dace83 Well-Known Member

3. Paulm

Paulm New Member

4. Tom F

Tom F New Member

Self Employed Music Teacher
    Will do the job well....look forward to firing into Aysgarth instead of just stopping at Redmire.

Great summer so far for the Wensleydale Railway. I've been amazed with the number of people at the stations.....even Finghall!

If you haven't yet, make sure you get up to the Railway this summer...GWR Tank 5643 is doing a grand job on the line! ;)

Tom (engine cleaner and trainee fireman)

5. Sheff

Sheff Resident of Nat Pres

Retired Engineer & Heritage Volunteer
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Thanks, very interesting! Looks like the bridge didn't see much use, as the line closed in 1961? There's info on the Highways Agency site regarding the planned works too. I wonder if anyone other railways were interested, as Peak Rail and the GCR need bridges for future expansions, amongst others. How many other disused large steel bridges are there across major roads, etc which might come up for grabs - I think maybe the M1 and M45 have similar structures?

6. Paulm

Paulm New Member

Tom F -
    hi' Tom ,
    We have an open day at Aysgarth Station this weekend to coincide with the vintage bus do' Any chance you could come along and run the model railway for us ????
    Please . . . . .
    Paulm

7. Tom F

Tom F New Member

Self Employed Music Teacher
    Hi Paul

Got the message from Dad this morning while lighting up 5643 :)

Thats absolutley fine....I have some BR Mk1 Suburban coaches, and can bring my K3, V3 and J39 locos :)

Just to cheque, I'm right it's DC analogue control? I'm guessing so....Dad's going to bring some of his tools and stuff...he's better at electrics than me! Looking forward to it!

Tom