If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Wensleydale Mince Pie Specials

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Slimmole, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Slimmole

Slimmole New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The Wensleydale railway are running Steam and Heritage Diesel services between Christmas and New Year.

On the 27th and 28th December Black 5 number 45407 will be hauling trains between Leeming Bar and Leyburn with the the newley refurbished MK2 stock.

On the 29th Teddy Bear D9523 will be doing the honours.

These will be the first services to travel to Leyburn since the first lockdown, marking the railways comittment to reopen fully to Redmire in 2022.

And the annual Christmas Eve outing with 37250 will give the EE loco a chance to wake up the dale between Leeming Bar and Constable Burton.

Tickets now available online here -https://tickets.tygit.com/shop/groups/pk/cd535a1f5cbc47bcb0647dbcbf4e8af5

mdewell likes this.
  2. slim mole

slim mole New Member

Small update on this. Due to very unforseen circumstances the Teddy Bear D9523 will not be able to work the services on the 29th. Instead 37250 and 33035 will be working the trains on that day.
    All other services on the 24th, 27th and 28th will run as currently advertised. And hopefully the Teddy Bear will be back in action later in 2022

3. slim mole

slim mole New Member

Further update for the 29th. It will now be 33035 providing both traction and eth for the services.

With runround at Leyburn and shunt release at Leeming.

Sorry for the confusion but, running a heritage railway is never a stroll in the park !