If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Wagon Seeking A Home

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by Wagoniester, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Wagoniester

Wagoniester Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'm hoping this will be a good avenue to seek help.

Back in April 2017, myself and a friend bought a very nicely restored Grampus engineer's wagon from an individual who was thinning down his collection. Prior to purchase, we asked a Railway we were involved with whether it would have a home there and were told a confident yes.

I shan't go into full detail, suffice to say that we reached a point where the wagon left its then home in December as part of a return load, and suddenly we were told it couldn't be accepted. Now we find ourselves with a wagon being (very graciously) stored at the moment, but in need of a home.

I have made enquiries with some other railways, but so far to no avail; hence I ask here if anyone is involved with or manages a line that may see a use for it? As mentioned, it was fully restored, with new timber flooring and treated metalwork; it also has through-pipe vacuum and what I believe to be an ex-GWR Gunpowder wagon tarpaulin cover, so would be good as part of a demonstration freight/engineers train or to use for storing materials on (S&T, locomotive etc.)

My friend and I are located in Essex and ideally would like it to be "not too far away", but are willing to consider anywhere if good terms can be negotiated; equally, it would be nice to see it used rather than laid up in a siding all the time. Thanks for your time and for any help.

[​IMG]

2. Martin Perry

Martin Perry Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator Friend

Good luck with finding a home for it.

3. nick813

nick813 Well-Known Member Loco Owner

Removed

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018