If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Urie Loco Society - Open Day at Ropley 3rd July 2021

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Dunfanaghy Road, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Dunfanaghy Road

Dunfanaghy Road Well-Known Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    As mentioned elsewhere, the Urie Loco Society Open day at Ropley is drawing ever closer. I am guessing that the lack of an end to lockdown means that the cab rides won't be possible, but who knows?
    Details on the flyer - see you then?
    Pat

Attached Files:

Shaggy likes this.
  2. Dunfanaghy Road

Retired
    The Urie Loco Society Open Day next Saturday (3rd July). A couple of Parish Notices to be going on with:
    Urie Loco Society Open Day Parking
    Visitors wishing to have a steam hauled trip along the railway whilst visiting us for our open day are advised to park at either Alresford or Alton and use the ‘Watercress Wanderer’ service, see timetable below. Tickets bought on the day for this train are slightly different from the other services in that they allow the holder to 'hop on, hop off' all day as opposed to the set time trip operated on both the King Alfred Climber and the Austen Adventurer.; BUT please remember your ticket is only valid for the Wanderer.
    If you're coming along to the open day and do not wish to travel the line please use the top car park off Bighton Hill, satnav SO24 9SQ
    We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

The Watercress Wanderer:
    THE WATERCRESS WANDERER
    Alresford (Dep) 10:00 13:10 15:00
    Ropley (Arr) 10:08 13:18 15:08
    Ropley (Dep) 10:15 13:25 15:22
    Medstead (Arr) 10:25 13:35 15:32
    Medstead (Dep) 10:35 13:40 15:35
    Alton (Arr) 10:48 13:53 15:48

Alton (Dep) 11:10 14:10 16:35
    Medstead (Arr) 11:23 14:23 16:48
    Medstead (Dep) 11:25 14:25 16:49
    Ropley (Arr) 11:35 14:35 16:59
    Ropley (Dep) 11:40 14:37 17:00
    Alresford (Arr) 11:48 14:45 17:08
    I hope we see some of you. There have been a few changes to the programme I posted a few days ago. When I get the latest update I will post it.
    Pat

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Part of the furniture

No I do not currently volunteer
    I wish I could make it but the change of date now means that I have to work. Bummer! Was looking forward to it. Good luck with the day and hope some new members can be brought on board.

Dunfanaghy Road likes this.
  4. Dunfanaghy Road

Retired
    A further Parish Notice for Saturday:
    A raffle is to be held for a framed photograph of 506 donated by one of our members and supporters, Dave Ryding. Measuring W 45" x H 30", double mounted and faced with non-reflective glass this will surely be a perfect addition to any home. Tickets will be sold on the day at 50p each, how many would you like??!!!
    With the extension of restrictions until 19th July we will not be able to offer cab rides on 506. The loco will, however, be on display near 499....hopefully encouraging its sibling to return to steam asap!!
    Restrictions and a simple shortage of time have made it difficult to arrange the gathering of mini road steam we had hoped for, however there will still be a couple of visitors who will be making a special effort to join us and we look forward to sharing the joy these engines bring.

So ... ... roll up, roll up!
    Pat

Attached Files:

5. Dunfanaghy Road

Retired
    Just to advise everyone, I have been informed that tomorrow's Watercress Wanderer will be diesel hauled. No advice of the loco number.
    Pat