If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Upload Problems to Site

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Deepgreen, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Deepgreen

Deepgreen Well-Known Member Friend

Early retirement! (Ex-Business Improvement, LU).
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I have experienced intermittent but frequent problems uploading photos to the site for ages now and have reported it a couple of times. Most recently I have just tried to replace a faulty upload where my pin-sharp shot was translated into a soft one during the upload. After five attempts at uploading the shot again at various sizes, I've given up.

Previously I have been advised to try uploading at a greatly reduced size from the maximum allowed - this has often worked, but not this time (and surely the maximum size should work anyway?).

I use a MacBookPro 2019 model, and have no issues on other sites. Is there a glitch on the site that affects MBP users?

2. flying scotsman123

flying scotsman123 Resident of Nat Pres

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Uploading to a third party host is usually more reliable than any individual forum, I use imgbb.com, free and simple, it provides the links you need to copy and paste easily, and also allows to to resize photos as you upload them which is really useful as generally it's unnecessary to post full fat 3000pxl pictures to forums.

3. Deepgreen

Deepgreen Well-Known Member Friend

Early retirement! (Ex-Business Improvement, LU).
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Yes, understood, but I have few or no issues uploading to other sites. This site seems especially fragile, even at much smaller sizes, and has been for years. I generally re-size mine well down from their full 5,000+p anyway - it's pointless at full size except on Flickr, etc. I tried a 1,200p here this morning - no luck. I don't think we should have to go through a third party to upload to a site like this. Even when smaller shots are accepted they often corrupt to a blurry version. I don't know how many others have the problem here.