If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

UKRT - Carols at Sherborne: 20/12/18

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Chris_Sav, Nov 29, 2018.

1. beavis

beavis New Member

Incorrect. 2S23 arrived from Romsey into platform 3 just after 11.36am. It was still there when 1F14 arrived in platform 4.

2. gricerdon

gricerdon Well-Known Member

Gricer and Grandad
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Yes I have corrected that in #100. The signaller made the correct decision

3. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

No I do not currently volunteer
    On the whole it seems that local controllers at Salisbury do the right thing. I know, for example, they were particularly slick on a previous occasion when Clan Line had to take water from the other side of the station when the loco moves were managed very well.

The problem with checking the charter on the Laverstock curve (because the train from P'mth had just gone across) and then stopping it for two minutes outside of the station because of the platform meant that the following Exeter service was also checked and ended up later away from Salisbury than it might otherwise have been. That said, trains were late down to Exeter because of other operational problems so it was all inconsequential really.

It's easy to pick over an individual decision when the same folk make scores of them during a shift. It's not an easy job.

Romsey, Eric Tyler, RalphW and 2 others like this.
  4. Romsey

Romsey Part of the furniture

Retired SPM
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Perhaps some folks should think about a career change if it is so easy. Picking out the root cause of why 112E / 1Z92 was delayed approaching Clapham Jn is a different matter! ( There are known inaccuracies in RTT and TRUST reporting which can be up to 60 seconds different to times logged on a train or by looking at the station clock.)

https://www.indeed.co.uk/viewjob?jk=3512044e79d7de54&tk=1cvdut8kb9u10803&from=serp&vjs=3

A word of warning though, DA attributors are not well thought of by most operating roles on the railway. Similar roles exist with the TOC's and FOC's but are more involved with defending your employer from delay minutes attributed to them.

Cheers, Neil

thickmike likes this.
  5. Chris_Sav

Chris_Sav Member

Out To Pasture
    The magnificent Sherborne Abbey

Attached Files:

CLN_WVR likes this.