If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Two Class 31s to Mangapps Railway Museum

Discussion in 'Diesel & Electric Traction' started by DisusedBranch, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    John,

You'd better have words........ ;)

I have enough pics of the BR blue era thanks - especially from around Crewe, so a green Duff on a 60's line would do very nicely Ta very much, as a large logo blue one just doesn't fit, and it can keep the nameplates - no problems there!

BTW, here's a pic of it in the perfect livery - undercover of darkness..... https://www.flickr.com/photos/duty_druid/44078954500/in/dateposted-public/ LNWR lined black with small panels would probably look stunning....... hint, hint......... & never say never..... :Saywhat:

As for the Belle, I've seen photographic proof of them smiling in front of the train at Alresford - presumably before it set off....... :)

2. Matt37401

Matt37401 Nat Pres stalwart

Nosy aren’t you?
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Trust me, I keep meaning to pay a visit, things seem to keep getting in the way! Really need a have a chat with the good lady as she's the one who does the driving in our household and it's not that far.

3. flying scotsman123

flying scotsman123 Resident of Nat Pres

Yes I am an active volunteer
    No interest in diesels but saw the thread title and wondered if you'd pop in - good to see you back John. :)

flaman likes this.
  4. <paint froth> Class 47s all carried small yellow warning panels from the beginning. D1500 came along too late for NYP :) </paint froth>

The Green Howards likes this.
  5. The Green Howards

The Green Howards Nat Pres stalwart

Layabout
    And I always thought they looked utterly handsome in that livery. Rather like 31s in green, no yellow panels and headcode blinds :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    DisusedBranch likes this.
  6. CH 19

CH 19 Well-Known Member Friend

Just seen this thread, welcome back, and as above always interested in your knowledgeable posts.