If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Tornado to haul PAD to PNZ sleeper on 6 April ?

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by spicer21, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Paul42

Paul42 Part of the furniture

There is no reference to FGW on the Pathfinder website only the VT one.The previous VT specials have been in conjunction with FGW.

2. spicer21

spicer21 Guest

As I recall, VT have worked with FGW on their previous non-stop specials from Bristol and Gloucester to Paddington, albeit not in a TOC capacity, so suspect that fact may be behind the reference to one tour in the FGW piece. The run on the 9th is being operated by DBS, who will presumably deal with NR, so in theory, no more to do with FGW than Cross Country's trains over the same route.

3. MellishR

MellishR Resident of Nat Pres Friend

OK, that's a good explanation. Thank you.

4. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    On both the Bristolian and the Cheltenham Spa, the involvement of FGW included riding the trains on the day and monitoring other train movements to look for opportunities to keep the VT trip running non stop. Whilst the issues on Z48 are somewhat less you still have to keep the wretched Torbay and Weston Super Mare stoppers out of the way, so I imagine that they will ride this train back from Plymouth as well.

5. spicer21

spicer21 Guest

Thanks, and to add, Al's follow up is 100% spot on