If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Great Britain V - 2012

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Steamage, Apr 26, 2011.

1. RalphW

RalphW Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Administrator Friend

Retired-ish, Part time rail tour steward.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Excellent work Martin...

2. D1059

D1059 Member

Yes, I was there for Tornado - and a few months later for 4965 and 5043. Both days were gloriously sunny

3. Steamage

Steamage Part of the furniture

Finally finished editing The Great Britain V. I started with nearly 10 hours of footage, and have ended up with about 2 and three-quarter hours on two discs. Here's a YouTube clip from Day 3 of 45305 on the line to Kyle of Lochalsh, and I'll post another, probably Duchess Of Sutherland on the S&C, tonight.

Where did the summer go?

4. Steamage

Steamage Part of the furniture

Well, it took slightly longer than I'd intended, but I've loaded another video to YouTube. This one shows 46233 Duchess of Sutherland at Smardale and Wilpshire. Both are angles one wouldn't normally use, at least, not in decent weather. However, there was a lot of rain blown in on a strong easterly wind, and no direct sun, so the first priority was to get some shelter from the wind. Note the old NER line from Kirby Stephen East to Tebay at the southern end of Smardale viaduct - long gone now, of course.