If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

The Great Britain II Sunday 12th

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by 5596, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 5596

5596 Member Account Suspended

Just to revert to another popular topic, we chose Huntly station as one location

There is a vast disused goods yard at the east end, open to the line, and there standing right on the sleeper ends of the main running line were Mr and Mrs 60 something.

I politely "please" asked that they move clear of the actual running lines and was asked what business it was of mine, so I simply observed that it was - A - illegal, and B something of an issue with NR at the moment. They moved back about five metres clear.

After the train had passed "Mr" came for me asking "who the H are you? What business of mine it was to speak to him, and not to come up here as an English xxxx telling him what to do!" Nice!

As there was a fence between him and me, I simply observed that at least I can conduct a debate in civilised English and left it at that. I think if I had shouted "Culloden 1745" it might not have helped, or that just because I have an English accent it doesn't stop me having Scottish ancestry either.

Intervention is not without its perils.

2. Enterprise

Enterprise Part of the furniture

It might be a popular topic but it is becoming extraordinarily tedious.

3. dalrypaul

dalrypaul Guest

Some pics from a sunny Easter Sunday.

The two black fives at full cry on the 1-in-60 climb to Mulben - the sound was incredible echoing in the gorge:
    [attachment=2:1z1znis3]20090412-mulben2.jpg[/attachment:1z1znis3]

Later on, sweeping round the curve at Carmont, just south of Stonehaven:
    [attachment=1:1z1znis3]20090412-carmont1.jpg[/attachment:1z1znis3]

45407 in the evening light at Wormit:
    [attachment=0:1z1znis3]20090412-wormit1.jpg[/attachment:1z1znis3]

4. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Paul

I have to commend you on your camera skills and choices of locations . Most impressive and keep them coming

5. Stu in Torbay

Stu in Torbay Part of the furniture

GPS Navigation Engineer
    Absolutely - all three would be perfect calendar pictures! - especially love the glint shot