If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Telford Steam Railway - Latest news

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by marsa69, Dec 30, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Davo

Davo Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    So it says on the T.S.R. Report that they are in early stages of planning to leasehold or buy the entire N.R. branch from madley jct to buildwas after they reach doseley and lightmoor and put a bridge in place over a road (and all this is going to take more fundraising i guess) to complete phase 3 to ironbridge, so does this mean when ironbridge power station comes down apparently is some of the rubble and scrap going out by rail it would make sense to do it that way so it increases the chanches of the N.R. retaining the existing tracks besides the T.S.R. also wanting the track for future projects. What is the timescale then for the entire project to be completed in if all these ambitious plans go ahead cos phase 1 to lawley bank looks to be well under way already.

2. 84H

84H New Member

Dunlop no 6 at Spring Village Station today. According to the TSR Facebook site, it is due to return to the Chasewater Railway on Tuesday D7F06FDB-7315-480B-9A2B-ED3A67300733.jpeg

3. 84H

84H New Member

Popped down to Horsehay yesterday and was pleased to see Peckett No 1967 Merlin/Myrddin back in steam after (I think) a retube. Probably the angle of my photograph, but Merlin looks about half the height of the coach!

Stan

C6937679-2843-4277-B4FA-C2D3FC274952.jpeg

echap, Bluenosejohn, lil Bear and 3 others like this.