If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Táilte Tours

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Niall, May 11, 2022.

1. Niall

Niall New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    This is a new voluntary initiative set up by myself and a few from the Irish preservation world. The aim is to run tours and events to support the Irish heritage scene.

Our first tour is on 20th August, for which we're chartering an Iarnród Éireann 201 class diesel and mkIV carriage set for a run from Dublin to Tralee and back - the first time such a carriage set has been publicly advertised on the Kerry branchline.

From a heritage aspect, we hope to donate the profits to a selection of Irish heritage groups, who will have reps on board.

https://www.tailtetours.com/events/the-premier-rose-railtour

2. Niall

Niall New Member

3. Niall

Niall New Member

Following our diesel railtour to Kerry on the Saturday, on Sunday 21st August we have organised a special outing to the Cavan and Leitrim Railway at Dromod. This will include some special workings involving their beautifully restored Avonside steam locomotive "Nancy" and former Bord na Móna diesel No.LM114 "Joe St Ledger". Normally there is only one loco used at Dromod on a running day so this a rare chance to get two.

Travel to and from Dromod will be by Iarnród Éireann service train, with an afternoon departure from Dublin allowing participants a chance of a lie-in after the previous day's trip.

For those wishing to travel on both tours and make a weekend of it, a special combo rate ticket is available, at €120 all-in this is incredible value for a two day railtour; indeed it's less than that charged for many one day railtours in Great Britain.

https://www.tailtetours.com/events/the-wild-rose-railtour

4. Niall

Niall New Member

Due to popular demand we've added "Rose Class" to our "Premier Rose" fundraising railtour—"Rose Class" passengers will get a complimentary pack of 3 commemorative badges (201 class loco in a livery not done as a badge before, mkIV control car and a surprise) and some extra treatment on the day. Tickets available at this link below...

https://www.tailtetours.com/events/the-premier-rose-railtour

(If you've already booked First Class don't worry, the badges are also included in your ticket).