If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Swanage this weekend....34067 Visit

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by portline, May 1, 2009.

1. Rumpole

Rumpole Part of the furniture

Tea-Maker
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    We've got a turntable that can fit a certain mogul on it, would be ideal for Salisbury-Swanage and return (for example)...

2. buzby2

buzby2 Well-Known Member

Just a small clarification about Eastleigh. Locos turn on a loop around the large depot - not a triangle.
    Unless we get a major donation for purchasing a 75ft turntable [one is pencilled in for us I believe] and the land to dig a 75ft-ish hole - any large steam loco hauled railtour will have diesel haulage on the opposite leg. Going to Eastleigh takes hours so out and back haulage by steam is a long way off 8-[
    As has been written before - our 50ft table can accommodate Mr Riley's Pocket Rocket but that's it I'm afraid.
    I'm sorry the three Bulleids photo line-up couldn't take place as promised but hope the two Spam Cans were sufficient for most people. Three Bulleid locos is still on the railway's To Do List.
    To everyone that came down and rode on our trains and/or spent money with us - Many Thanks.
    Hopefully you enjoyed yourselves. The railway had a bumper time and I believe we broke the passenger record for a three day weekend \:D/ \:D/
    Our next major scheduled steam event is the three day Grand Steam Gala on September 11/12/13 during which we'll be celebrating 30 years of operating trains. We're hoping to organise something special but as and when details are clarified a separate thread will be started in the appropriate section.

3. Forevagrey

Forevagrey New Member

Pics From the days

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also up on the swanage website :)