If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Swanage loco this week

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by MAPLE CHRIS, Jun 14, 2013.

1. MAPLE CHRIS

MAPLE CHRIS Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Anybody know which loco will be working services this week.

2. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

In a different thread, I was advised that the M7 was likely. Hope this helps!

3. MAPLE CHRIS

MAPLE CHRIS Member

Thanks for info hope to get down there

4. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

I'd love to know what's likely to be out and about at the seaside from Saturday 15th Feb. Some unexpected time off........

5. Rumpole

Rumpole Part of the furniture

Tea-Maker
    Sorry for late response, only just noticed this thread.

Planned to be 6695 this week; 34028 is on steam test today and should be spare. Any changes I'll update accordingly.

6. flying scotsman123

flying scotsman123 Resident of Nat Pres

Given the number of people asking what is running on the swanage railway, both here and cluttering up their general discussion thread, would it not be a good idea to publish a loco roster on their website, like the GWSR does here? All it needs to be is a list of numbers and dates, with perhaps a list of locos rosters are drawn from, and a quick status of the locos ie serviceable, overhaul etc. Understandably locos can change at short notice, but seeing as they are published here seemingly in good time, can't they be put on the website for all to see, subject to the usual caveat such as the one on the GWSR: "The information on this page is kept as up to date as possible. However please remember that the locomotives we operate are old and things can go wrong and locomotives are replaced. Also it is sometimes necessary to reallocate locomotives for operational reasons at short notice. "

7. 007

007 Member

Shame 6695 is out! 34028 would be nice, its last year in traffic im lead to believe? Will there be some sort of farewell weekend?

Also I heard that the Swanage website is about to be updated, a whole new all singing all dancing site? Will it include a motive power roster?

8. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Wondering about this coming weekend. Being an optimist, I wondered whether a diesel from the wonderful gala might be running! Assuming that idea is in the realms of fantasy, as I'm very likely to be in the area, would love to know what is likely to be out and about. Thanks!

9. Rumpole

Tea-Maker
    34028 will be on the steam service, and 33's on the diesel diagram; we'll go for 33111 on Saturday and 33202 on Sunday. I also plan to use the Bulleid set on the diesel diagram this weekend rather than the normal set of Mark 1's, as I suspect passenger number should be ok for this.

The locos from the gala are already starting to head home; 73207 and 50031 left today, and all the others go on Wednesday; means I'll have some space to play with around the railway again!

10. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Thanks, as ever for the info. I will definitely be along for this combination!

11. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Usual question re loco roster this weekend (website still guarding its secrets). Many thanks for your continued help.

12. Rumpole

Tea-Maker
    34028 Saturday, 6695 Sunday (with 34028 on the dining train), and 33's on the diesel diagram. Planned to be 33202 on Saturday and 33111 on Sunday.

13. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Many thanks, as always. Seaside jaunt arranged for tomorrow!

14. 33056

33056 Member

Professional "basher"
    No I do not currently volunteer
    [HINT HINT]34028 would be nice next Wednesday (4th) [/HINT HINT]
    (Pretty please :) )

15. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Usual question about this weekend. Thanks as ever!

16. Rumpole

Tea-Maker
    6695 on service trains, 34028 steam test Saturday (its out this week for washout) followed by dining trains on Saturday night and Sunday.

Diesel diagram will be top and tailed 33's on Saturday (33111 and 33202), and one of those, probably 33111, on Sunday.

The timetable on Saturday is slightly altered with the HST visit, but not hugely. A few changes to passing places and times mainly.

17. Maunsell man

Maunsell man Well-Known Member

Senior Finance Auditor
    Out of interest I was at Swan Farm in Sellindge a couple of weeks ago and had a good look around the locos left in the yard. The double decker vehicle looks like it has had it, the 6 wheeler with Mansell wheels looks a bit healthier but Brocklebank Line is going back to nature as is the other pacific. Work is going on with the Austerity and there are now a number of the Finnish locos there as well. Is the group there still affliated to Swanage? I took loads of photos but haven't worked out how to upload them. For anyone who was connected to Brocklebank Line they would be very depressing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

18. nickt

nickt Member

There's no connection with Swanage. Southern Locomotives Ltd did have a base at Sellindge, though weren't involved with the locos mentioned above. All SLL work has been at Herston since 2009, when Austerity Norman moved there.

19. cymroglan

cymroglan Member

Thanks as ever , Rumpole!

20. Maunsell man

Maunsell man Well-Known Member

Senior Finance Auditor
    Thought as much. Is any of the Brocklebank Line society left? That loco has had a,lot of work done to it but it is returning to Barry condition. Seems a major pity