If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

SVR 15/07/11 Hd video

Discussion in 'Photography' started by RASDV, Jul 17, 2011.

1. RASDV

RASDV Member

On the afternoon of Friday 15th July we visited the Severn Valley Railway to see Nos:5164,46443 & 42968. In the video and photos the trio are seen at a variety of locations including a foot crossing on Northwood Lane, a new location for us, and Foley Park, somewhere we'd been before but this time trialing a new vantage point above the line rather than looking up to it at Sandy Lane. Anyway, provided for your interest and enjoyment are the following links:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILtgupFKYXE a 4minute, High Definition video
    https://picasaweb.google.com/115609395788457768316/SVR150711 11 photos
    As always any feedback, postitive or negative is most welcome whether on the quality of the video, the cameramanship (is that a word?), or something else please let me know either by replying to this thread, sending a PM or dropping me an e-mail at feedback@totally-transport.co.uk

2. Sidmouth

Sidmouth Resident of Nat Pres Staff Member Moderator

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    reuben , your opening shot of 5164 leans at a crazy angle , whats the point of HD when something as basic as making sure the camera is level is missed

your shot of 46443 seems very tight against a structure. To my mind you are too close to the track and hemmed in .

I'm also not a big fan of the blurring between scenes

I appreciate you are trying to create a magazine esque website but sometimes it's better to have quality over quantity

3. RASDV

RASDV Member

Hello, thanks for your comments Martin I shall bear in mind your advise for next time. So, instead of the bluring between shots you'd prefer........
    Thank you for taking the time to watch the video and providing some feedback, it is most helpful for someone to pick up on where I go wrong - I'm still learning.