If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Surrey Hills VSOE 21st Dec

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by BR 73082, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Jon Martin

Jon Martin New Member

Since I'm normally based in manc, I keep forgetting how annoying South London's rail layout is.

I figured that since Battersea Park is the only station between Victoria and Clapham junction, I could avoid the crowds and platform guesswork at Clapham by standing on Battersea Park. I managed to watch it duck down the bypass line and out of sight ! Dammit

2. alts1985

alts1985 Well-Known Member

Store Manager for the Co-operative Group
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
  3. Steve from GWR

Steve from GWR Well-Known Member

If you try again for the January trips, I believe it can only come through Clapham Jcn on the down Reading line platform (4? 5?, I forget). Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

4. aperture

aperture Member

Professional Photographer
    Train doesn't go through Battersea Park..
    After it crosses the Thames it veers off left and UNDER the mainline track into Waterloo and comes up the other side going towards Clapham JunkShop,Windsor Side.
    Any vantage point (station) along the route would give you an excellent view.
    It's been doing the same route for years.
    It also helps the passengers to start on the first course by retaining a steady speed during this manoeuvre.In otherwords don't at this stage look out of the window because you are passing peoples backyards with washing hanging out and aunt Maude in her curlers.