If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Statfold Barn Railway Enthusiast Weekends 2022: 19 & 20 March and 11 & 12 June

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by Paul.Uni, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Brunswick Green 2

Brunswick Green 2 Member

Surprised no mention has been made of the stunning traction engines on display (recently ejected from a museum in Bury). Talking to one the owners it was obvious they were happy to find a home at Statfold. Interesting times.

Greenway likes this.
  2. Britfoamer

Britfoamer Well-Known Member

Chemist (semi-retired)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Perhaps it's because as the title suggests, a railway enthusiast's weekend, and not an agriculture enthusiast's weekend. Similar to yourself, we had a good chat with the guys, they look forward to better facilities and exposure here at Statfold when they do have an agricultural event, which we are likely to attend.

3. ykin01

ykin01 Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Can only echo the above comments, a very enjoyable day on Saturday. As well as the traction engines mentioned above, it was a pleasant surprise to see the carrabassett out too.

4. acorb

acorb Part of the furniture

IMG_20220611_143358.jpg IMG_20220611_150039.jpg IMG_20220611_151455.jpg IMG_20220611_131959.jpg IMG_20220611_150015.jpg A few shots from an enjoyable visit on Saturday. Will leave the final review to my daughter who told me she really enjoyed herself and would love to come back - not sure if it was the steam engines or the climbing wall in the play barn that swayed her, but I will take that!

Very greatful for the bus link which enabled us to leave the car at home and travel by train from Mid-Wales, the double decker was also a big hit with my daughter!

5. Pesmo

Pesmo Member

I visited Sunday. Another cracking visit with an enthusiast relative who had never been before and who really enjoyed himself and was surprised at the quality of the railway.

If anyone from Statfold reads this, could I request a tiny change for future events? Its a large complex site with lots of buildings. Is there any chance that a map could me added to the event booklet so that a visitor knows which buildings are open and what they contain? For example; I was speaking to someone at the end of the day near the exit who had no idea that there is an excellent engineering workshop on site that he could have visited including a new build loco.

Always love a visit to Statfold and its great to see the owner wandering around asking if people are enjoying themselves, which we very much were.

Bluenosejohn likes this.
  6. Platform 3

Platform 3 Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    I was there on Sunday too with my son. He's only three and not that long ago wouldn't have been allowed to go to Statfold events, but he had a great time. He loved the trains and the play area. My wife loved the Indian food and Market. I loved the trains! Excellent event.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

Britfoamer likes this.