If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

SRPS 'Forth Circle' - 21/04/18

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by jonathonag, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jonathonag

jonathonag Well-Known Member

Railway Engineer
    Surprised to see so little mentioned about these two circuits of the standard SRPS 'Forth Circle', considering the amount of enthusiasts who could be found out at the lineside yesterday.

The 2018 season for SRPS Railtours opened with the very safe but enjoyable option of two trips around the Forth, hauled by Jubilee No. 45690. Unusually, these fell on a Saturday this year which saw greater occasions where the tour was held to time on account of service trains - particularly at Lochgelly where the wait was for the Cowdenbeath shunt for the xx:23 minute departures to Edinburgh. With those in mind, some great performances was seen of 'Leander' with it's Load 9 + POB on numerous climbs from standing.

The day saw a near unbroken day of sunlight, so must have been a treat on board for those booked to see some spectacular sights along the coast and through Culross. I've attached just a few from the many successful moments seen of No. 45690 during her day out :

[​IMG]Jubilee No. 45690 'Leander' - Burntisland by Jonathon Gourlay, on Flickr

[​IMG]Jubilee No. 45690 'Leander' - Culross by Jonathon Gourlay, on Flickr

[​IMG]Jubilee No. 45690 'Leander' - Forth Bridge by Jonathon Gourlay, on Flickr

2. Glenmutchkin

Glenmutchkin Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I think it was a Saturday trip because there are possessions on in Stirling on Sundays

3. jonathonag

jonathonag Well-Known Member

Railway Engineer
    Indeed there are, there's a bridge being lifted out and replaced as part of the electrification works today. Throughout a lot of evenings between Sunday and Thursdays weekly the line has also been closed North of Greenhill/Polmont as part of these electrification works.

Glenmutchkin likes this.
  4. steamvideosnet

steamvideosnet Well-Known Member

Finally got around to editing my stills from my trip to Scotland last week. Here's 45690 charging out of Burntisland.

Had the train been on time, the reflection in the water would have been even better... never mind!

GBXIa.005.jpg

James