If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Petitions Please read

Discussion in 'Forum Information' started by southyorkshireman, Feb 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    Following on from repeated attempts by some members to post petitions, WB and myself are issueing this guideline so that there is no uncertainty as to what is allowed.

The simple rule is NO PETITIONS.

The discussion of topics that may or may not have petitions relating to them is allowed and indeed welcomed, the idea being that this will present views from all aspects and will generate a greater understanding, and improve the knowledge of all members.

Any links to off site petitons etc will be removed, as this gives the false impression that the forum, National Preservation and its members supports the content of the petition. This is clearly not the case, as we have a whole variety of opinions on here, and all the better we are for it.

Previous instances of forum members abusing the mods and most importantly admins trust and signing petitions on behalf of the forum have also fuelled this decision.

There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.

Whilst the mods may express opinions these are personal and are nothing to do with the forum. Nat Pres remains neutral

Should admin decide that at any point a change in policy will be made, then all members will be informed via this thread

2. admin

admin Founder Administrator

Founder National Preservation
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I will be adding this to the 'Rules' shortly.. Any objection shoule be sent via PM to me, These will be noted.

3. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    UPDATE to petitions rule. The rule has been slackened,

All petitions shall be pm'd to an administrator.

These will then be vetted and if ok'd they can then be posted.
    IF a Petition is NOT vetted the poster will get 1 warning.

I have been thinking about this for a very long time. And I knew there would be a crunch time and this is it.

ok one more thing.. If ANYONE posts as someone they are not or posts as National Preservation then I will revoke this! And the person will be banned from the froum!.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.