If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Peak Rail Annual Report and Action Group

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by huochemi, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ghost

ghost Part of the furniture

Thank you

Keith

2. Miff

Miff Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding - and good luck!

3. Alistair Lofthouse

Alistair Lofthouse New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I recall that agm and Paul Tomlinson's comment about the last roll of the dice, the way he said it and his expression suggested to me that he already knew the answer

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. Vulcan Works

Vulcan Works Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    I agree with the comments about the AGM. The Board has past form for frustrating genuine debate or any challenge. Covid provides a convenient excuse not to allow shareholders to meet and discuss matters directly (ironically the government’s latest restrictions might have scuppered a mass meeting anyway). I really do wonder about the transparency of the process and the likelihood of the Directors answering any written questions fully and frankly. Given that the core Directors have been in post for many years they should accept responsibility for the underperformance of PR and the mess they’ve created. The Directors have in my opinion failed to assert themselves and they’ve allowed some people within PR to operate largely unchecked, despite the evidence of the damage they’re causing to the organisation.

48624, Sheff, dggar and 3 others like this.
  5. nferguso_wyvern

nferguso_wyvern New Member

Vice Chairman
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Meanwhile, other railways are using Zoom or similar for AGMs. What's not to like, being able to join your railway's AGM from the comfort of your own home? It does seem that some railway boards haven't really grasped the Internet.

ghost and 48624 like this.
  6. Vulcan Works

Vulcan Works Member

Zoom? T’internet? What’s that then? Neither PR Plc or the Assoc are much in to 21st century electronic comms, barring the very welcome efforts made by a small number of individuals to explain life behind the PR iron curtain (including one of the former Joint MDs). The Plc Board has no quick or cheap way of communicating with shareholders and supporters. There’s a brief and irregular update in the thin and irregular Peak Express, there’s the summary annual accounts and the ineffective AGM.

In 2009(?) there was considerable flak directed at the Directors because of the debacle over 8f 48624 (PR’s loss, your gain!). PR has not embraced electronic media or invited discussion about management decisions, and shareholders have passively accepted the situation. It suits the Directors. Ironically the key people in 2009 are still in power today...

jnc, 48624 and nferguso_wyvern like this.
  7. Vulcan Works

Vulcan Works Member

PR Plc shareholders, don’t forget that it’s the closed AGM on 25 Sept. In the absence of zoom or teams etc. there isn’t much opportunity for shareholders to directly question the Directors about PR's dire financial performance over the last few years, the ongoing Grinsty case and any other pending claims, or the strategy for revitalising the railway and providing the visitor attraction that families and enthusiasts expect in the 21st century.

Please submit your questions to the Board in writing by 11am Weds 23 Sept. Don’t waste the opportunity! We will have to trust the Directors to answer them fully and openly...

Regime supporters and apathetic shareholders don’t worry, if you believe PR has been superbly led over the years and the squandering of hundreds of thousands of pounds for zero return makes perfect sense, then you can vote to re-elect two long serving Directors for more of the same!

8. Vulcan Works

Vulcan Works Member

Final call to Peak Rail Plc shareholders, please please please send your AGM votes and any questions to the Co. Secretary by 11am Weds. Note that it’s a home address and not the usual Matlock Station registered office address. The Board has a history of making life difficult for shareholders e.g. by holding AGMs at inconvenient times and running down the time for questions from the floor. This year the Board is dodging direct interaction with shareholders and they’re probably hoping most people can’t be bothered posting their votes or submitting awkward questions in writing.

9. crantock

crantock Member

Beancounter
    A bored summary of social media.

Facebook - last Peak Rail post Apr 2018
    Twitter - last post Jan 2017
    Instagram - last post Dec 2016

Main website - no news section.

Am I missing something or does it try to be invisible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jnc and Sheff like this.
  10. dggar

dggar New Member

Has there been any report about the AGM?