If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Once in a Blue Moon - 60007 60163 & 6023 5th & 6th April

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by No.7, Mar 12, 2014.

1. evilswans

evilswans Member

Had a superb two nights on the Neil Cave photocharter, one the best i have been on, Neil seems to be continously raising the bar for the charter market :)

[​IMG]

with a few more shots to be found on my flickr page here :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115023160@N03/

Enjoy :)

Spamcan81, green five and horace like this.
  2. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    That is a superb picture. Really liked the others too.

Visited the main event yesterday which was very good. Arrived at 9.20am and there was already a queue at the entrance. It was great to see the three loco's together. Also good to see the many interesting projects progressing well. Took a lot of pictures and video which I now have to sort through. Thanks to all involved in organising this event.

3. Duty Druid

Duty Druid Resident of Nat Pres

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Not long got back from this, have to say very enjoyable - thank the heavens that the predicted Biblical downpours didn't materialise!!

I too (surprisingly?) ended up with more shots than I thought....

It was nice to see people respecting each other early doors, by staying a decent distance away from the loco's, so everyone could get decent shots - except for the few who blatantly ignored this unwritten rule....... Ta very much for being so selfish and screwing things up for everyone else!! :mad:

Also nice to see Steamvideosnet and meet KristianGWR (several times) - James I said at the MHR Gala, get yer hair cut - do it Shaggy!!:rolleyes: :p

Photo's to follow......... :)

steamvideosnet and KristianGWR like this.
  4. green five

Here is my first video from this event featuring the full Memorial service (you might need to turn up the volume a bit as the PA sound wasn't great) with a salute from 6023 & 60007 for a full minute (well the crew on 6023 did it for a minute!) Also featured are some shots of the pair working along the main demonstration line:

Sorry about the wind noise but it was very windy at Didcot yesterday!

5. dublo6231

dublo6231 Member

IT
    Just want to say a huge "Thankyou" to the kind person that found my phone and handed it in (probably) to the enquiries office around 2:30pm this afternoon - thankyou from the bottom of my heart.
    It was a day that bought 3 generations of my family together and my youngest had a great day being able to wonder freely around the site. I'm sure my Grandad (an LNER man and my main influence in all things Steam) was looking down on us today and would of appreciated it all.
    A great day out enjoyed by all - thanks for creating some wonderful memories that will be treasured for a lifetime.

6. mattspencer

mattspencer Well-Known Member

7. steamvideosnet

steamvideosnet Well-Known Member

I will... eventually! ;)

Good to see you again Dave, hope you managed to find the other Dave? Or was he half way up the A34 by 11:00? :p

Video to follow - features a fair bit of footage of 60007!

James

8. Duty Druid

By Sunday when I see you at West Ruislip?............................................. (can't see you running the marathon!).............:eek:

As said good to see you to again James! :)

And yes I did find Dave, we just wandered off and did our own thing - no point in doing exactly the same thing, though unlike me he does video and the odd still to put in it, got home by 4, whet the whistle with some Lancaster Bomber whilst keeping up with the footie (come on you Reds!!) and getting acquainted with a bottle of red over dinner...... :)

Hmm, 60007........... no surprise there, a beautiful example of Gresley's FINEST!! she's a credit to everyone involved with her - runs like a sewing machine! :):):):)

Drysdale likes this.
  9. James111983

James111983 New Member

BBRail Project Engineer
    Morning all.

Just like to say a big thank you to Didcot and it's army of volunteers for setting up the event, despite the weather on Sunday, it looked to be well attended, so hopefully they'll make a profit on it. It was a nice touch, and they always do this, on placing the fleet out and about around the depot. They had a nice line up on the turntable of the praries.

Thoroughly enjoyed getting close up to and riding behind 60163 and 60007, having only ever seen them on the mainline.

Good to see 6023 back in steam, cobwebs seemed to have been cleaned out on a fair few of the runs on the demonstration line, especially towards the end of her runs solo.

One thing I had noticed, looking at the roster board in the main shed, is that 6023 isn't roster for May. Is this a suttle hint that she might be out on a test run? I appreciate she is expensive to light up, but it's also worthy to note on Didcot's website under it's history that "late spring" might be possible time for her escapement onto NWR metails.

Lastly, is anyone on here a member of the GWS Mainline, as I'd like to PM you with a couple of questions I have before sending in an application if that's ok.

James

Attached Files:

10. eggbert

eggbert Member

IT
    My effort on the Saturday, was a great event with lots of movements and action.

11. steamvideosnet

steamvideosnet Well-Known Member

My video from Didcot Railway Centre, and their Once in a Blue Moon event:

James

12. KristianGWR

KristianGWR Member

My footage from the Sunday of Didcot's 'Once in a Blue Moon' event.

13. Pannier Man

Pannier Man Member

Network Rail - Retired
    Thanks for all the nice comments. I was lucky to be the rostered driver on 6023 for Saturday and it was certainly nice to see so many happy enthusiasts as opposed to our more family orientated events. Big brownie points to the centre management as there were many strings to pull and hoops to go through to get all three blue locos together in one place.
    Finally thanks to the A4 and Tornado guys, both locos have been to Didcot before and it was nice to catch up with them again even if some of them do speak with t'funny accent!!

14. green five

Here are some of my favourite shots from this excellent event:

DSC07748_3.JPG DSC07733_2.JPG Three of a kind.JPG KE2 on shed.JPG Tornado low.JPG DSC00733_2.JPG

15. Duty Druid

Nice pic's & vid's as ever folks!

Sorry I'm a bit late with mine, but as my signature suggests........... Lol!

HERE......... is my humble offering from the Sunday.

and HERE..... are a few black & white conversions, right click for the rest.

Hope you enjoy!