If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

More Hall action on main line in the future?

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by mike1522, Sep 2, 2015.

1. 7P6F

7P6F Part of the furniture

If we are to see a Hall take a train along the sea wall will this be a first? I can only remember Hagley Hall double heading with 5051 in 1985 a couple of times and its unforgettable pairing with Hinton Manor after an overnight light engine run from Kidderminster to save the day, climbing Hemerdon with 13 on. But I don't recall a solo run with a Hall hauled train along the sea wall.

2. 1472

1472 Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Having tried out quite a few footplate wise I would rate 6960 more highly for power than some of the theoretically more powerful offerings. 6960 is a particularly good loco but does not figure as far as is known in any return to use on NR plan. That said it is earning a nice living on the WSR where its power is certainly appreciated and used.

Under previous ownership & whilst SVR based 6960 did work out on the mainline in the 1980's.

lil Bear and mike1522 like this.