If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

MHR steam galas March & Sept 2009

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by 73129, Oct 25, 2008.

1. 34007

34007 Part of the furniture

Events and I hope updates to current overhauls??

2. Steamage

Steamage Part of the furniture

I think the new MHR webmaster and new format are worthy of their own thread, probably in the Herritage Railways section. Can one of the moderators oblige, please?

3. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    Thank you that was me, so glad you enjoyed it.

Regards

4. LN850

LN850 Member

Mid hants certainly have a very nice line-up for this member weekend. 92212 on service trains alongside 34007. The thumper out and so will 30075 on a goods train between Ropley and Alresford.

Now if that doesn't draw many crowds, what will?

Also, website shows that black 5 is almost ready for its cab to be fitted. Backhead almost complete and so is cab. 5224 will come back to MHR after visit to WSR for an overhaul.

5. PhotoMatt

PhotoMatt Well-Known Member

IT Engineer
    The only downside with this weekend is it's a bit late in the day to advertise it! Especially with the SVR gala on the same day.

If they'd have pushed it before (what about some flyers at the recent gala?) it would have helped. Certainly a strong lineup for sure.

6. LN850

LN850 Member

I certainly agree with you there Matt, if I'd known about it I wouldn't have bothered visiting before the gala.

7. cct man

CONSTRUCTION
    Although you do have a point Matt, to be fair to Tim Beere and his helpers they have made great improvements with the website and marketing.

When you have a big changeover like this, it is not always easy to catch up is it?.

Do you see where I am coming from?

Regards

8. Linesidephotos

Linesidephotos Member

I have to say weather it was the Old or New Website Some new such as this comming weekend has always been slow to appear ,A Mid Hants trait in general rather than down to the new web site . We DIDNT used to get full rosters for a days workings did we
    ? so there is an improvement straight away.
    As I wasnt around for the Gala this will make up for it for me at least ,and the Thumpers running so the only Authentic piece of Mid Hants Motive power will be runing ! .

9. PhotoMatt

PhotoMatt Well-Known Member

IT Engineer
    I don't think it's got anything to be with the website, my comments certainly weren't meant to suggest that. I've certainly got no problem with Tim, he seems a good guy doing a good job.

I was simply saying advertising a good event like this in advance (especially when the railway has just had a gala and opportunities that presents) would have paid dividends.

10. 73129

73129 Part of the furniture

I think everyone should be grateful that the railway has put on these extra workings for members & shareholders day. In the past the railway has only put out the two service trains. Don't forget its all FREE for Members & Shareholders.

[smilie=happy.gif] [smilie=happy.gif]

11. cct man

CONSTRUCTION
    Well said Lee:

As a matter of interest does any other preserved Railway offer this sort of thing to the members and shareholders as a thank you to all the support and hard work that has gone on within the last twelve months?.

Regards.