If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

M336550

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by pmh_74, Aug 17, 2020.

1. pmh_74

pmh_74 Well-Known Member

http://www.ws.rhrp.org.uk/ws/WagonInfo.asp?Ref=8588

I advertised this for sale a while ago, but have had no serious expressions of interest (probably not helped by Covid-19).

As a 'plan b' is anybody willing and able to restore it as a contract job, preferably quickly? It needs welding on the corner pillars, new kerb rails and all wood replacing, but is basically 'all there'. It deserves to be done, as I believe it is now unique (at best, one of two) as the grandfather of various 'Tube' wagons built over the best part of a quarter of a century.

PM me if interested please.

Thanks,
    Phil

2. 26power

26power New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    A project for the Quorn Wagon Group? They seem to make speedy progress, e.g. already reroofing a BR 12T van donated to them recently. Although they also have a large fleet to work on! Apologies if they have been approached or there are reasons why they cannot take this project on, I’m just a distant follower of their updates and am not a volunteer or visitor to the Great Central so speaking with no knowledge of the various groups etc.

Regardless, I hope you are able to get a resolution, it seems a vehicle that should be preserved, given the reasons you indicate.

3. pmh_74

pmh_74 Well-Known Member

Hi folks.
    Bumping an old thread.

The wagon is still up for sale if anyone is seriously interested. It is empty and can be got out at short notice. Be under no illusions though, it needs a fair bit of work as indicated in the original post.

Plan B is still on the cards if nobody steps up to buy it, however my preferred contractor is currently being spectacularly uncommunicative so if there are any groups out there who would be willing and able to restore it under contract, please PM me.

(With regard to the suggestion up thread of asking the Quorn group, for various reasons they can’t take it on.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk