If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

LMS Carriage Association news?

Discussion in 'Heritage Rolling Stock' started by Railboy, Nov 20, 2017.

1. T'Bogger

T'Bogger New Member

Design Engineer
    Thanks for your kind comments. I have uploaded some more photos of 7828 onto Flickr which you can view from the link below:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/45229914@N03/albums/72157665030674637

There is also a video showing the restoration of the carriage in 4 minutes - if only that's all it took to restore them! Hehehe.

Midlandsouthern and Bluenosejohn like this.
  2. Midlandsouthern

Midlandsouthern New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Shows the skill getting rid of all the rotten and broken bits and replacing. Finding and or re making original fixtures and fittings. And full repaint and lining out. Creedit to all. Certainly get through the flèet if it could be done that fast =)

T'Bogger likes this.
  3. T'Bogger

T'Bogger New Member

Design Engineer
    Thanks for the compliments. Yeah, sure wish we could speed up our restoration work. I'd love to see our fleet all restored before I turn to pushing up daisies!

Midlandsouthern likes this.
  4. Midlandsouthern

Im sure you'll make head way now a couple two now running or nearing finishing. Get a rythm going on restoration and getting the runners earning income.
    What period would the 50 ft kitchen car full under

5. T'Bogger

T'Bogger New Member

Design Engineer
    Ooo! Sorry @Midlandsouthern for the slow reply...just 4 mouths late! The kitchen car is a steel clad Period 1 I understand, which was converted into the track recording coach. Actually we had a couple of visitors about a month ago; one who worked on it whilst it was doing its track recording and his mate who used to work in the kitchen cars and remembers the LMS ones.

Also we have just released another little video introducing our recent acquisition - the LYR/LMS Medical Examination Car, 10825, that dates from 1917. Here's a link:

Bluenosejohn likes this.
  6. Midlandsouthern

Dont worry about the delay,
    So quite an early period one then, you could serve some meals from a 50ft full kitchen, and good to know you have met people know works with them both in departmental service and as a full kitchen. Helps i assume with its future restoration, info with what it was like inside etc.

Like the video, shows its fairly good nick, plenty to finish mind due, looks like its got set of double doors already for disabled users. A useful coach as mentioned for dining and functions, be good earner for the assoication

Neil

7. T'Bogger

T'Bogger New Member

Design Engineer
    Yes, we're quite fortunate in that there as some good books regarding LMS carriages which have photos of the iterior. We would need to meet modern standard of course, but it would make an amazing addition to the other two.

Glad you liked the video. Yes it certainly has a bit of a way to go, but it will be an excellent compliment to 7828.

Cheers,

Alan