If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

LATEST ISSUE: (WITH 44422 ON THE FRONT COVER)

Discussion in 'Heritage Railway' started by green five, Feb 13, 2008.

1. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Overall a good issue. There is a superb centre spread of Black 5 44806 on the Llangollen Rly by Bob Green.
    Also inside are another good selection of articles.

There is also a story regarding the MHR and ML operations. Allegedly they were approached about starting up Daylight Railtours again with a proposed programme of 20 trips this year using 60019 and hired in stock. Unfortunately they turned down the offer. Can any one shed more light on this story?

2. cct man

cct man Part of the furniture

CONSTRUCTION
    That article on page 52 by Cedric Johns is in my opinion downright appalling, what a self opiniated man he is to assume that the Mid-Hants Directors allegedly want to turn something down and I quote,"It would appear that the railways directors to turn down a potentially lucrative extension of the railways current business plan might be viewed by some observers to be somewhat short-sighted."

Some observers ?, I suggest that it is one obsever, Cedric Johns .

Perhaps Mr johns would like to inform thid forum where he got his information from and why he is so opiniated?.

Regards
    Chris

3. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    page 54

'On the return journey, another diesel was provided to tow the train as originally planned to avoid turning (71000) but instead of dropping off at the pre arranged point, it took the train onto York.'

I'm sure that is completely inaccurate

4. black5

black5 Well-Known Member

Theatre
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    It also states in the same article that on "17 January for the first time since the 4-6-2 was withdrawn from traffic last September" but wasn't the Duke withdrawn in June not September?

5. green five

green five Resident of Nat Pres

No I do not currently volunteer
    71000 failed at Penrith on 9th June. I think she was withdrawn a bit later though after investigations took place into her condition. I could be wrong though.

Regarding the MHR story #-o Oh dear. I wondered about the credibility of this. That's why I put allegedly in my post.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Do you think he's taking tips of David Wilcock?

7. RJLMS

RJLMS Member

BDLPG Chairman
    A bloody good issue with great pictures. Only problem I found was the comment made about a class 52 returning to the Moors this season, being the first since the '80s, but we have had D1023 in the late 1990s. But I aint complaining really, honest!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I should be fair to David Wilcock, the article on the narrow gauge railway in the quarry was fascinating and very well written.

I hope to see more articles from him like this. It was a very enjoyable read.

9. barclay

barclay Member

Seconded. David Wilock's contribution to HR will mean I am much more likely to purchase the magazine now. THe article on Threlkeld was superb. Wilock's lefty-leanings will balance out some of Robin Jones' more rabid views quite nicely, too!

10. Robin Jones

Robin Jones New Member

Thank you for your comments - they are all taken on board.

With regard to some of the issues about main line content, we are a news magazine, and often stories are compiled on or near deadline from best available sources. If we get it wrong, will will publish a correction in the next issue.

11. ipod

ipod Well-Known Member

Hello Robin... good to see you here.. :)

12. southyorkshireman

southyorkshireman Resident of Nat Pres

Rotherham 41D or Metropolitan Railway boardroom
    Hi Robin

That's fair comment, always good to hear your side of the story!

Great to have you pop in too!