If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

KWVR Bridges Appeal

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by raven_180, Feb 21, 2011.

1. raven_180

raven_180 New Member

Sales Manager
    I have just seen the post by Pennysteam that he has dedicated to the Oakworth Bridges appeal on the KWVR. I have to confess that before this I knew nothing about it. Does anyone here know how well they are doing with it? It doesn't seem to have had anywhere near the publicity of certain other big bridge projects. There doesn't even seem to be anything on the main website unless i'm just being blind. The only thing i found was the Trust site frontpage.

It says in both Kens video and on the website that they have already had to slow trains down over one of the bridges, so it must be getting a bit worrying. The Trust site says one of the bridges requires remiedial work, but is the other one repairable or will it mean replacement?

Heres a link to the info i've found:
    http://www.kwvr.co.uk/trust.html

2. pennysteam

pennysteam Well-Known Member

analyst computer programmer
    I think the plan is to repair both, secondly I think the worst is the one I showed in the film, from what I can tell work hasn't started yet however they have cleared a lot of the tree's from around the bridges to allow access.

3. pennysteam

pennysteam Well-Known Member

analyst computer programmer
    For reference and those who haven't seen it.
    [video=youtube;KUwpjpLZ-gM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwpjpLZ-gM&hd=1[/video]