If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

KWVR Autumn Steam Spectacular (10-12 October)

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by 47406, Aug 22, 2014.

1. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
    http://www.kwvr.co.uk/events/151-featured/648-autumn-steam-spectacular-october-2014.html

Friday 10th - Sunday 12th October 2014

Steam, smoke and oil.... .

...join us for our fabulous, all action Autumn Steam Spectacular

Our Autumn Steam Spectacular is perfect for everyone, whether old or young, big or small. Up to nine different steam locomotives in action, vintage carriages, GDS trains, Express trains ... plus your chance to get up close and have a look on the footplate.

KWVR Autumn Steam Spectacular - Updated 20th August

Visiting locomotives: - UPDATED
    [​IMG]
    We hope to make an announcment about our visiting locomotive for our Autumn Steam Spectacular shortly.
    Long term KWVR visitior 'Black 5' No. 45305 has been confirmed as staying/attenting the event. The locomotive is due a repaint into LMS livery as No.5305. This will either be the locomotives first appearance as '5305' or its last as BR 45305.

Steam Spectacular Debut of SR West Country Class - No.34092 City Of Wells.

[​IMG]

Other Home fleet locomotives in use

• Midland 4F 43924
    • WD 2-8-0 90733
    • USA "Big Jim" No.5820
    • LNWR Coal Tank 1054 – (Courtesy of Bahamas Loco society)• Hudswell Clarke 1704 Nunlow – (Courtesy of Bahamas Loco society)

Vintage Displays:
    Ingrow station will host a variety of vintage road steam vehicles on display throughout the weekend. Sunday will feature a full vintage vehicle display with many vintage cars from around Yorkshire joining the steam engines. Please note no car parking is available at this station over the event.

Trade Displays:
    Groups from around the region will be displaying their varied layouts of different shapes and sizes.

Cab Access:
    Enjoy a rare opportunity to climb aboard the footplate of one of our steam locomotives. You can chat to the driver and have a good old look at the controls; you may even be able to blow the whistle!!

Exclusive Access:
    As part of our Haworth Shed tours visitors it is hoped that the nearly completed BR Standard 4 No. 75078 will be on display in Haworth Yard over the event.

Train Services:
    The Railway will run intensively from 0830 most days into the early evening. Stations are gaslit during the evenings and give a night-time glow as your train rolls in.

Freight Trains:
    A branch goods train will be in operation during the weekend and will be highlighted on the timetable for each day.

Express Trains:
    Steam gala weekends offer a rare chance to fly through our intermediate stations at full speed of 25mph on our non-stop services.

2. 7822WelshSteam

7822WelshSteam Member

Stick 43924 and 34092 on 2 sets put together on the second to last train with the 'Pines' headboard on and take the 4F off at Howarth on the way to Oxenhope, then run the Bullied again on its own non-stop!

47406 likes this.
  3. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
    http://www.kwvr.co.uk/events/151-featured/648-autumn-steam-spectacular-october-2014.html

Updated with photo charters

Enthusiast Photo Events

Friday 10th October - Evening Photo Shoot

A night photo shoot will take place at Keighley Station featuring newly restored to traffic West Country Class 34092 and Midland 4F 43924.

Price is £25 per head, lasting approx. 2hrs. Lighting provided by Jason Cross. Places limited.

Sunday 12th October - Morning GDS Charter with "Black 5" No. 45305.

This will be your last chance to see 45305 in British Railways Livery before repaint. It will be matched with a rake of GDS wagons.

Price £20 per head. Places limited.

TO BOOK: All bookings will be taken through our Admin Office at Haworth on 01535 645214. Payment by the usual means (Card/cheque).

4. 49010

49010 Well-Known Member

Gentleman of Leisure
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I'll be there, along with the Old Man. (If it's an ex-Midland line he's always interested....).

I must say I'm looking forward to riding behind City of Wells, especially having watched progress on it on the Shed tours at Haworth for the last few years. We (the Old Man and I) have always found the shed tours there fascinating, especially when they are led by the "Spawn of Satan" himself.;) (for those who don't know, he was called that because the background colour on the number-plate of ex L&Y 957 is the wrong colour....)

Any ideas as to what the visiting engine (other than 43305) might be?

Any news on when ex-Taff Vale 85 may be back in steam?

5. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
    FARES

All normal fares are valid, with the exception of the DAY ROVER, which is altered as follows:

Day Rover
    £21 (adults), £18 (KWVR members/OAPs/disabled), £10.50 (Children 5-15
    inclusive & local residents),
    £49 (Family – 2+3)

2 Day Rover

£38 (adults), £32.50 (KWVR members/OAPs/disabled),
    £19 (children 5-15 inclusive & local residents),
    £88.50 (Family – 2+3)

3 Day Rover

£54 (adults), £46 (KWVR members/OAPs/disabled).
    £27 (children 5-15 inclusive & local residents),
    £126 (Family - 2+3)

FREE MEMBERS' TICKETS ARE WITHDRAWN.

KWVRPS Members, and members of other organisations with whom we have reciprocal agreements, are entitled to CONCESSION FARE – SEE ABOVE.

6. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
    Any ideas on when the timetable will be released / visitor announced?

Thanks

7. 7822WelshSteam

7822WelshSteam Member

There's going to be another visitor? In that case, I'd like to see 76079 or 75029 from the Moors.

8. YorkyLad

YorkyLad New Member

No I do not currently volunteer
    Little to no chance of either of those i reckon. 75029 has thin tyres and is being nursed through the season and 76079 hasn't emerged from overhaul yet.

9. I shall be with you. I am a regular visitor as I live in Bradford. It has been great this year to see the two wartime locos, Big Jim and the Austerity but even better a couple of months ago when City of Wells re-entered service. I have been following progress on all three engines closely and have lots of Pics and Vids on

http://steammemories.blogspot.co.uk/

10. Jeff Albiston

Jeff Albiston Member

I'll be there on the Saturday as usual.

11. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
    Leander would be nice, but to be honest they could get away with no visitors for me personally, with what is available

12. Journalist

Journalist New Member

I'm happy with the line-up too. The two wartime giants plus City of Wells are a great line-up in themselves, with Nunlow and 1054 also tempting. Will be my first KWVR visit and should be there for most of the Friday. Anything else they want to throw in is just a bonus.

47406 likes this.
  13. Learner

Learner New Member

Planning to head up to Keighley, given the significant changeover in locomotives since I last visited a couple of years ago, and was wondering whether shed tours are offered throughout the gala or only on certain days?

14. 7822WelshSteam

7822WelshSteam Member

I'm pretty sure they don't do them in the gala. I've certainly never heard of it. There are 3 musea on the railway. All the non-operational locomotives that aren't being worked on are in Oxenhope on display and there's the Bahamas museum and Vintage Carriages Trust museum both in Ingrow.

15. Fred Kerr

Fred Kerr Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Freelance photo - journalist
    Recent galas have included "shed tours" but you will need to check the website to see what is being done - and when.

16. 49010

49010 Well-Known Member

Gentleman of Leisure
    The latest version of the gala leaflet doesn't seem to mention shed tours but I'm sure that the earlier version did. The Old Man and I have done the Haworth shed bash for the last few years, it's always an interesting trip.

Based on previous experience I'd assume that they will still be doing them. The tours are at Haworth, book in at the side of the booking office, first come first served and usually about a dozen or so in each trip. There's a nominal fee and the trips take about 40mins. I think they are also offering a chance to stand on the footplate of the Class 4 which is about to come back into steam.

17. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
    2014 Autmn Steam Spectacular Update
    by news@kwvr
    Message from the Organisers
    Following the difficulties at this time of transporting main line locomotives in our area and the unavailability of a steam locomotive under discussion, the KWVR have decided not to hire a visiting locomotive for the forthcoming Steam Spectacular Weekend.

The weekend will, however, feature a strong line up of seven locomotives, the likes of which we have not seen for some time, including the gala debut of 34092 'Wells', the first Spectacular in which 5820 "Big Jim" has featured in USATC Grey and our mid-term visitor, 5305LA's Black 5, 45305.

As usual we will be offering a great mix of passenger and goods trains, with non stop runs and double headers and photographic opportunities - a classic Worth Valley Steam Spectacular!

18. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
  19. 47406

47406 Well-Known Member

Operations Manager
    Revised timetable released but new website currently down