If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Issues with The Southern Issue

Discussion in 'The Railway Magazine' started by James, Nov 2, 2008.

1. James

James Part of the furniture

I can't seem to find a copy of this that isn't either shredded, dirty, or wrinkled up like that "sketch pad" paper after I tried to use it in an inkjet printer, and it proved to be more absorbent than Bounty. The articles inside look very interesting, but it's printed on such poor quality paper that it just isn't worth the cover price. I think I'll wait until I can find it for 10p at a heritage line...providing they last that long.

2. kieranhardy

kieranhardy Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    I had the same problem with my smiths too. Out of 6 copies only one didnt have ink over the front or wasnt ripped. Not exactly good when you pay near £4 for it...

3. RM Staff

RM Staff New Member

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and copies with ink smeared on the front should not have left the printers. Equally, damaged copies should be removed from sale by the retailer. It's ridiculous to try and sell damaged goods.

If either of you want a pristine copy from the small stock at the office, please PM me for more details, and can you mention where you attempted your purchase.

The paper it is printed on is no different to other issues this year, and no one has got in touch over the apparent 'Andrex' qualities. If there are issues that we are unaware of, then we need feedback from readers to get it sorted.

4. arthur maunsell

arthur maunsell Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    mine made it to the little shop in rural West Cork in perfect nick...(This is the only place except Easons in Cork City that I can get it...owner is an enthusiast for all things wheeled you might guess...)