If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Isle of Man Steam Railway

Discussion in 'Narrow Gauge Railways' started by pete12000, Jul 26, 2015.

1. pete12000

pete12000 Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Does any one have any information on which engines are likely to be working at the IOM Transport Festival this year?

TIA

2. GHWood

GHWood Member

Hi Pete,

As far as I know (this is all unofficial but from reliable sources!), 4 Loch, 8 Fenella, 12 Hutchinson and 13 Kissack are all available for traffic (number 4 is scheduled to take the mixed train in the schedule on Thursday) so unless something untoward happens(!), I would think you'll see all 4 at various points over the weekend.

10 GHWood is having it's valve faces re-machined at the moment - I think they are aiming to have her out back out for the end of August. The boiler from 15 Caledonia is waiting to go away on the low loader that brings 11 Maitland's boiler back from the SVR.

Hope that's useful! Enjoy your visit!

John :)

3. GHWood

GHWood Member

Quick update - hopefully 10 GHWood will be out on Sunday (extra loco on the dining train to Port Erin) and then staying over in Port Erin for the afternoon to celebrate its 110th birthday!

A few of us will be acting as guides in the museum on Sunday (as well at other events) so if you are over, come up and say 'hello'!

4. pete12000

pete12000 Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Many thanks for the update and information!
    Unfortunately, I'm not coming across this weekend, though I did visit the previous two Transport Festivals, with 5 engines out it does look as like it'll be an excellent event!
    I think I need to plan a visit for July 2016, I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend

5. D7076

D7076 Well-Known Member

Anyone seen a timetable for Saturday,please?

6. 5944

5944 Resident of Nat Pres

Train Maintainer for GTR at Hornsey
    No I do not currently volunteer