If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Isle of Man steam railway photos

Discussion in 'Photography' started by lynbarn, Apr 3, 2016.

1. lynbarn

lynbarn Well-Known Member

Working in the NHS as a Maintenance Electrician
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Hi all

I thought I would give this site a try to see if anyone can help, I am looking for any photos anyone may have of the isle of Man railways from the 1950's to the 1970's.

I have four areas I am mainly interested in at present, but anything else will be welcome.

They are:-

Ramsey station and the area around it.
    Peel station and the area around it.
    St Johns and the area around it.
    Douglas station and the area around it.

I am sure that loads of people have taken photos of the railways over the years but have never considered what to do with them.

There is one person's collection I would like to find and that was the collection by a Mr Jim Lawton from the Macclesfield area, he used it to build the Manchester Model Railway Society's layout in the 1960 of the Isle of Man in what is now known as 00n3, it was published in the Railway modeller at the time (which I have got copies of the articles).

I have written to the Isle of Man Heritage department requesting any photos but they has said they don't have that many as most are still owned by the person who took them or by a publishing company.

Regards

Colin Rainsbury