If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

HR always late in shops

Discussion in 'Heritage Railway' started by David, Aug 30, 2007.

1. David

David Member

water meter reader
    Yep was in Smith's today so perhaps HR have given their distributers a kick up the back side, if so good on um!

2. Bean-counter

Bean-counter Part of the furniture

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    In Smiths yesterday here.

Don't know if it my eyes, but we seem to have the return of the "Front Cover not quite in Focus". I realise they wanted an "in action" shot of 60019 but to be honest, there isn't much "steam on" in the cover shot either. A static shot at York (which I amd about 300 other opeple have in great lighting) would have been better.

There also seems to be some quite unusual news stories. The one headed "Cromwell Hope for NNR" or something similar seems basically to be a suggestion from the editorial team to the North Norfolk that they ask for a visit by 70013 - apart from re-reporting the latest idea for a limited use crossing, it contains nothing definite at all - such a crossing would theoretically enable a visit by any mainline approved loco, subject to gauging and weight issues on the Cromer to Sheringham line! The small piece on the West Somerset into Taunton in 2010 (headline) similarly states this is the soonest date such a move would be possible, if viable (I know there is a separate thread on this).

However, quite the strangest is a piece headed something like "SVR Welcome Jail Term for Rail Vandals". You read that and think a mixture of "Poor SVR, vandalism on top of everything else" and "West Midland Magistrates aren't are soft as elsewhere" - then you read it - and the act of vandalism appears to be an attack (a concrete block through a cab window, which must almost count as assault) on a Network Rail freight train somewhere near the SVR, and John Leech appears to have simply said something aloing the lines that this should give a message of how serious this sort of thing is to poetntial vandals whilst in discussion with a member of HR staff! It was a very stupid and dangerous attack, and I am sure we all join John in welcoming that the courts seem to have seem it as such, but I doubt if he thought his comments would be headlined as an official SVR response!

4 pages in the news section covering photo charters add to the impression that, iven HR's only comment on the main action on heritage lines at present (Santa Specials) is dismissive because they don't make good photopgraphs, I suspect they have struggled for news for this issue overall!

3. David

David Member

water meter reader
    Yeah I would agree with those above comments. Yet again another blurred picture for a cover shot. Just makes you wonder who selects these pictures for the front cover :-k