If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Help with 3 old photographs wanted

Discussion in 'Miniature Railways' started by johnnew, Apr 23, 2009.

1. johnnew

johnnew Member

PRO The Stephenson Locomotive Soc.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    On the SLS website I have posted three images of miniature steam locomotives taken probably in the 1950s (One is definately dated to 1954) newly presented to our Library Collection. What we know, or suspect, is given alongside the photo's and if anyone can help fill in the gaps your knowledge most welcome. Even if you don't think you will have any info to offer the photo's are of historic interest.

See SLS What When Where page

Notes

(1) This page is a new one to the SLS site. The outgoing links work but as yet there are no incoming one's!

(2) I also apologise for the multiple post into several different fora but not all readers will be signed up to all the groups.

2. johnnew

johnnew Member

Firstly thank you's to Andrew, David Colley, Richard Pearson, Chris Krupa, Jez Kirkwood and Simon Moore, SteveK, PLD and Stationmaster for the items of information supplied either directly to me or through one of the on-line fora. As a result the information on the SLS What When Where page has been updated this afternoon.

The remaining significant vagueness is around 1001 at the Littlestone Miniature Railway plus the original builder/date of 5751 (now Prince William).

If more information surfaces I will keep you posted with an update.

3. johnnew

johnnew Member

Further update

Thanks to contributors to Miniature Rly World Forums almost all details about all three are now known. The SLS page will be updated soon but I have some mods to do for the York Show pages first.

In the meantime for those who can access the MRW forums the pretty much definitive answers on all three locomotives is at http://s9.zetaboards.com/MRW_Forums/topic/7099447/1