If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

GWSR Broadway Developments

Discussion in 'Heritage Railways & Centres in the UK' started by Breva, Aug 1, 2014.

1. flying scotsman123

flying scotsman123 Resident of Nat Pres

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    Is there some sort of loco crew-worked EKT type machine to release a second token at the previous station then?

I think we're probably a bit too far down the fully signalled route to deviate from that now, I've always thought it a curious decision quite how we've worked it, it'll be a token-less section when commissioned too, all working by acceptance levers.

2. Steve

Steve Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Gentleman of leisure, nowadays
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    The section is between Glaisdale and Whitby with key token instruments. However, there is an intermediate key token instrument at Grosmont which allows access to the section. The key token releases the ground frames at Grosmont and Whitby. The tokens are withdrawn by the driver. There are no ground frames at Glaisdale, the points at either end of the loop being spring operated with no FPL, only points indicators. It’s as simple as you can get.

3. MellishR

MellishR Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Could the interlocking be arranged to allow the box to be switched out so far as signals are concerned but with the points for running round released by the train staff as at present?