If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Great Britain XIV 2022

Discussion in 'What's Going On' started by Bulleid Pacific, Aug 2, 2019.

1. jamesd

jamesd Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    A Jubilee or even a light pacific would be ok down the Central Wales line I’d assume (subject to gauge clearance etc)? I know Jubilees used to work on the line in steam days but I don’t think one had been down there since.

2. Big Al

Big Al Nat Pres stalwart Staff Member Moderator

Despite what Network Rail Scotland threw at West Coast, I think that this year's GB was a good tour and managed well by all. I understand that 2023 is already being considered so I guess we will get clues in due course. But for it to remain a 'GB' then it has to touch Scotland and Wales as well as England. That's not easy as Scotland in the spring brings beauty but risk for steam and Wales brings with it the complexity of routes. Whilst North Wales is accessible, the loveliness of Pembrokeshire is just hard to get in and out of with single lines and dead ends.

But if something is possible then West Coast and the RTC will find a way!

Waterbuck likes this.
  3. Waterbuck

Waterbuck Member

I thoroughly enjoyed yet another 9 days on the GB and am in Awe how all the parts come together.

RalphW, Stephen Hughes and Mick45305 like this.