If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Ellerman Lines Restreamline?

Discussion in 'Steam Traction' started by D6332found, May 25, 2019.

1. arthur maunsell

arthur maunsell Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    post reported as Spam.

2. class8mikado

class8mikado Part of the furniture

Print Estimator/ Repository of Useless Informatio.
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    The idea of putting one side of the loco. into its earliest form as a visual representaion only with the other side in its ultimate condition doesnt phase me / wouldnt bother Joe public in the least, and turning it with airsmoothed side facing Mallard/ Duchess would be visually very appealing.
    I also agree that the Spectacular early MN Casing is not really represented by Winston Churchill in its current guise ( which it should retain for obvious reasons). in terms of cost its only casing and disconnecting some motion which is bugger all in terms of restorations... you could even use 'Limpet board'.

Now extracting the motion from inside Winston churchill and having it moving in a glass fronted oilbath...that would be interesting...

However please be nice, not just to Steve, who is a very useful engine on this forum, but everyone if you can possibly help it..

Steve likes this.