If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

Electric Trucks group

Discussion in 'Everything Else Heritage' started by Phill S, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Phill S

Phill S New Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    Yes I am an active volunteer
    In case anyone is interested, I've started a facebook* group for anyone with an interest in old industrial electric trucks. It is intended to allow sharing of information, and to see what sort of interest there is in them, and how many are preserved.
    I know a few railways have them, so there is some crossover.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintageelectricindustrialtrucks

My interest stems from my Dad having three platform trucks, all from the 1940's. I have recently done work on the controller of his Electricar TU, which had some bits missing. I have recently seen a similar truck offered for sale on here.

*(Yes, I know, another bloody facebook group. In my defence, I have no intent of building replicas, reopening anything or restoring something from a rusty bolt and a bad photograph)

2. Johann Marsbar

Johann Marsbar Well-Known Member

Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    I don't "do" Facebook, but we do have a couple of Ransomes, Sims & Jefferies electric trucks in the Ipswich Transport Museum collection - one of which is fitted with a small crane. There is also a Brush Pony electric from 1964, though that is fitted with a cab and a covered rear - like a milk float - as that was used as a laundry vehicle at Ipswich Hospital (unlike the Brush ponies at Mountsorrel & the GCR). We do have a lot of sales catalogues, parts lists etc for the Ransomes vehicles of this type in our archives as well.....