If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

East Somerset Railway gala 16-17 March

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by pwsw5054, Jan 25, 2024.

1. 47513

47513 New Member

Retired
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Based on Saturday's reports, Sunday wasn't quite as busy but still seemed very well attended nevertheless. All locos performed very well and were very 'entertaining' on every run. It may be a small line in length but it's big on everything else. Very enjoyable day.

2. pwsw5054

pwsw5054 Member

Yes I am an active volunteer
    Announced on Facebook that 2999 is operating the ESR Easter service. The gala has also just featured on the lunchtime BBC Points West!

free2grice likes this.
  3. Gladiator 5076

Gladiator 5076 Resident of Nat Pres

No I do not currently volunteer
    No great artistic merit in these images but a record of my visit yesterday. Enjoyed riding in the morning with two trips behind 2999 and one behind 4110.
    Only downside was the bus driver asked if I was planning to leave as he needed is 45 minute break and he blocked me in due to the overloaded car park. I said I could wait, but not impressed that it was 1 hour 25 minutes before he reappeared. Still I did get the Prairie and the Saint on the freight in that delay. DSC_1071R.jpg DSC_1081R.jpg DSC_1089R.jpg DSC_1098R.jpg DSC_1101R.jpg DSC_0009R.jpg DSC_0030R.jpg DSC_0032R.jpg DSC_0046R.jpg
    I do think the suburban coach adds something, especially when with the Prairie, reminds me of my childhood and 61xx's on the Paddington locals.