If you register, you can do a lot more. And become an active part of our growing community. You'll have access to hidden forums, and enjoy the ability of replying and starting conversations.

East Lancashire Railway Diesel Theme Day

Discussion in 'Galas and Events' started by conireland, Dec 18, 2009.

1. conireland

conireland Member

The East Lancashire Railway will be hosting a Diesel Theme Day with both Type 4+5 locomotives. Locomotives operational for this day will be: 40145 East Lancashire Railway, 55022 Royal Scots Grey, 50015 Valiant returning from a repaint and newly painted 47 D1501. The Blue Timetable will be in operation meaning that all locomotives will get plenty of action. More information is available at the East Lancashire Railway website: http://east-lancs-rly.co.uk/?p=jan10diesel

2. 60017

60017 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Retired from corporate slavery :o)
    Heritage Railway Volunteer:
    No I do not currently volunteer
    Never been to a 'diesel gala' as such but this one seems too good to ignore. D1501 looks superb in the vid I've seen so far. Look forward to photting it ! Jan 9th - date for the diary :)

3. amcoward

amcoward New Member

Controller Metrolink
    Due to the non-availability of 50015 for this event, we have added 37418 to the line-up in order for us to be able to supply a locomotive capable of train heat. Although 37418 is not in the Type 4 or 5 category, we feel that locomotives capable of heating trains are essential at this time of year and I hope that visitors understand why the theme has been slightly stretched.

Line up now confirmed as 37418, D1501, 40145, D9016 and 55022.

Regards

4. Robert Heath No.6

Robert Heath No.6 Well-Known Member

How about 'over-hyped classes'? ;-)

Still sounds a strong line-up (not really my cup of tea as I can't stand 40s/55s and 47s do little for me either, but it's bound to appeal to many, and that's what matters :D), and by the sounds of it the trains'll be a damn sight warmer than a certain railway I went to yesterday (who were running trains with steam locos AND a steam heat van, yet failing to provide any noticeable heat to the stock!)

5. rhf19

rhf19 New Member

6. 60017

60017 Resident of Nat Pres Friend

Retired from corporate slavery :o)
    Worthwhile trip to a sunny but freezin ELR!

I went specifically to see the Brush Type 4 and what an amazing job they've made of the paintwork. It looks superb and woke up many memories from the 60's :eek:) Some problems with the timetable/roster but the trains were well filled - my thanks to all involved :)

7. Mike30A

Mike30A Well-Known Member

spending the kids inheritance